𝟞: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕒𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕚𝕖

Warning: This chapter and the next will have mentions of suicide. 

"Confess?" Nene inhaled quickly.

"Yashiro . . ." Hanako lifted his head from her shoulder before moving to face her. He placed his hands on her shoulders. "Yashiro, I've wanted to tell you for a long time. I-i love you! And I have for a while. S-so--" He blushed deeper. "--please go out with me!"

Nene didn't move. "Oh, Hanako-kun . . ."

He suddenly noticed that she was crying. "Yashiro, are you okay?"

"Hanako-kun--" She started crying harder. "--I d-don't . . . I-i'm sorry, I d-don't return y-your feelings."

Hanako's arms slowly dropped off her shoulders. "Y-you don't . . ." He smiled, but it was a crazy one. "W-who was I kidding? Ha! You'd never like me . . . I'm an idiot . . ."

"I-i'm sorry . . ." Nene repeated before slipping out the door.

Hanako waited a full ten seconds after she left to break down.

He collapsed to his knees, his breathing becoming erratic.

Then he started sobbing, tears falling quickly and fast. He was sobbing louder than he meant to, but he didn't care.

I'm an idiot . . of course she would never love me.

He stared at the ground, and the small puddles his tears had made.

I . . . don't deserve to live. As a human, or as a ghost.

~~_~~

Nene stood outside the door, a hand covering her mouth. Her own tears fell faster.

I shouldn't have said that . . . But . . . I think I may love Hanako-kun and Tsukasa.

She sunk down to the hardwood floor, hands pressing against it. Nene held in sobs, not caring when a pair of strong hands picked her up.

They weren't Tsuchigomori's. They weren't Hanako's. They weren't Kou's, or Mitsuba's, or even Akane or Natsuhiko.

"Nene, why are you crying?" Tsukasa asked as he quickly left the boundary. They arrived at the Broadcasting Room quickly. Nene just held onto his shirt, sobbing.

"Hanako . . . I . . ." She couldn't convey it in words. Tsukasa sat down in the office chair, holding Nene in his lap.

"Did Amane hurt you?" Tsukasa asked, tilting his head. Nene shook her head.

"N-n-no . . ."

"Hmm," Tsukasa puzzled. "What to do, what to do. Oh!" He quickly placed one of his hands under her chin and the other around her waist.

She paused her sobbing for a breath, and Tsukasa took his chance. He moved Nene's face upward and towards his. Leaning forward a few inches, Tsukasa kissed her.

Nene's crying slowed. Here she was, trying to sort her feelings out, when ghosts couldn't stop confessing to and kissing her.

Tsukasa deepened the kiss, making Nene's eyelashes flutter. He leaned forward and gripped her tighter.

The door flew open, and Nene tried to turn to look. But Tsukasa wouldn't let her. The person who opened the door let out a few ragged breaths before leaving.

Nene was finally able to pull away, and she ran to the door. But, before she placed her hand on the handle, she froze.

Nene didn't want to-- but the voice was back in her head.

Stay. Don't move. Freeze.

And she had to do as it commanded.

"Aww, Nene, where are you going?" Tsukasa hurried to the girl and hugged her from behind, telling her mind to go limp. She did, collapsing into the ghost's arms. "I . . . I'm not done with you yet." Tsukasa whispered.

Nene's eyes widened in fear.

What else will he do?

Nene had wished for a savior, but her last hope just ran out of the room. Tsukasa picked her up, bridal-style, and returned to the chair. He placed one hand under her chin again.

"Now, let's continue," Tsukasa grinned. Another tear escaped down Nene's face. Tsukasa leaned forward again.

The door flew open. Nene quickly turned her head so the kiss landed on her cheek. Her eyes widened.

There, in the doorway, was all of No. 1. Akane, Miari, and Kako had come to save her.

Akane quickly froze Tsukasa time, and Nene moved off the ghost's lap. She ran to her friend.

"Akane-kun! How did you get here?" Nene asked. Akane quickly pulled her to the door.

"We have no time to explain! You have to get to the roof, and fast." He began pulling her up flights of stairs.

"The roof? Why?" Nene frowned.

"You're the only one who can fix this."

"Fix what?" Nene asked.

"No. 7 is trying to end his life as Hanako." 

A/N: 

Alright, raise your hand if you think that Hanako would be depressed if Nene turned down his confession. 

*raises hand*

I wrote 5, 6, and 7 at the same time, so I could release them together, but 7 needs a little more work. And I'm sorry about all the cliffhangers!

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~