𝟟: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕒𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣

Nene stopped moving on the stairs. "He . . . what?!"

Akane continued pulling her up them. "No. 7 is trying to end his life as Hanako! Apparitions can die just as much as humans. Something's made him think that he shouldn't be the leader of the Wonders. Something to completely damage him, and now he's trying to end it all."

Tears started escaping down Nene's face. "Oh . . . no. We have to stop him!" She raced up the last steps and burst onto the roof.

"Good luck," Akane said, retracing his steps down the stairs.

"Hanako-kun?" Nene searched the roof, but he wasn't there.

Did he already do it? Is he . . . already gone?

Nene sank to her knees, sobbing. "Hanako-kun . . ." she blinked rapidly, trying to stop crying. "Hanako-kun, I'm sorry! P-please don't . . . don't die! The school needs you! A-and the Wonders! And everyone w-who has a wish!" She cradled her head in her hands. "I n-need y-you, Amane."

She hunched over, shaking with sobs.

He's gone . . .

"Stupid Hanako-kun!" Nene shrieked, tearing at her hair. "Why did you have to do that? W-why?" Her sobs came back in full force. "A-and I never g-g-got to tell you that I love you!" She brought her palms to the ground, trying to steady herself. "Hanako . . ."

She felt arms around her. "Why did you turn me down earlier?"

"B-b-because I w-wasn't sure how I f-felt." Nene sobbed. "I l-love you, Hanako-kun!"

The ghost hugged her tighter. "I love you too, Yashiro." Hanako slowly moved so that he was facing her. He tilted her chin up and moved closer.

"Yes, very cute performance, adorable." Tsukasa said, clapping. Hanako quickly turned to his brother and wrapped a protective arm around his assistant.

"Tsukasa, what do you want?" That caught the ghost off guard.

"I . . . dunno." He blinked. "I thought I wanted Nene, but now I don't know." Hanako frowned.

"You can't have her," he said harshly.

"What do you mean, 'thought'?" Nene asked, confused. Tsukasa stared at her.

"I dunno." He cocked his head. "Does that make sense?"

"N-not really," Nene said.

"He used to love you, but now he's not sure he does." Hanako explained. He had always been good at translating for his brother.

Blush spread up Nene's face. "Then why'd you kiss me?" she asked. Hanako went stiff.

"Because! I wanted to see if I liked you or not!" Tsukasa said it like it was obvious. "But I don't. So you two can get married and have kids and stuff, I don't care."

Both Hanako and his assistant were bright red. "N-no, we--"

"Bye!" Tsukasa headed off the roof, leaving his brother and Nene behind. Hanako turned to Nene.

"Hey, about what he said--"

"NO." Nene shook her head.

"I was just wondering how much you kissed him. I-it wasn't initiated by you, right?" Hanako asked. Nene blushed.

"O-once. But--" she gave him a quick peck on the lips. "--now you're even."

"But I don't wanna be even!" Hanako complained. Nene grinned.

"Alright." She grabbed the front of his gakuran and kissed him.

A/N:

There will be 1 more part: an epilogue! After all, we need to understand what happened with Tsukasa. How did he go from being head over heels for Nene to not liking her at all. 

Thank you for reading this-- It's been so fun to write Tsunene and Hananene. Almost like a competition!

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~