Chapter 1

The Start

The presentation ended smoothly.

We closed the deal.

And it was expected because we're one of the best in this field of business. My mom is the CEO of our company, Lysa Arryana Saavedra. She's not present though. She's taking a break, for 2 years since my sister died because of that accident.

That accident that changed our lives.

My life.

I was filled with rage when I knew what happened to her.

I and my sister Lyanna didn't really grew up together since she grew up with my dad.

Mom and dad got separate ways since we were in high school but not annuled or divorced. They just decided to go separate ways. Maybe, the other fell out of love.

Dad owns this company he named after us, L.A.S., the first letter of our names. But later on, dad died due to heart attack.

Ang then, a year after, my sister followed him in the after life.

Mom took over the company and I'm helping her with that obviously.

I went back to my office and called mom to tell her the great news.

"I closed the deal mom." I am smirking while telling her that

"Good girl! Masisimulan na natin ang mga plano natin anak. Mapaghihiganti na natin ang kapatid mo." I can feel mom's anger thru the phone. At dapat lang naman talaga!

"We'll just take it easy mom. Little by little, we can get to that Arrow boy. I'll make sure of that."

I went home to my condo after work. This day was totally exhausting! I certainly need to go to the gym.

But my phone rang.

It was Chinee. My HR officer in L.A.S. and he's a she.

" Hello. What's gotten into you? "

" Hello Leys! Bar tayo tonight! I heard you just closed the deal with the MonteSori. I think this deserves a celebration!" he said in a high pitched tone

"Hmm. Okay. Stress reliever!" and I laughed "Let's meet at 7pm."

I ended the call.

Gosh. I forgot that I was planning to go to the gym. Well, maybe some other time na lang. I should celebrate tonight!

I wore my long-sleeved deep v neck red fitting dress. Paired it with my black stilletos. Curled the ends of my hair and put on some make up that should fit my dress.

Brought with me my BMW and I drove to the bar that we decided to go to. This is where elites usually go to coz it's not that crowded with jeje people. Only the rich, the socials and of course the social climbers.

I can almost hear the music from the parking.

Chinee saw me immediately as I entered the bar. Music all over the place, plenty of people talking business, chit chatting, drinking and some, kissing. We went to our seats and there's this lovely guy! My eyes widened in surprise. I thought it's only the two of us. Seems that that he brought his "boyfriend" tonight.

Hindi man lang niya ako dinalhan ng akin! Ano ako third wheel?? I rolled my eyes in my thoughts.

"Hey Leys! This is Jaime, my friend."

"Oh, hi! Nice to meet you!" I lend my hand for us to shake hands ang he just did that.

Bumaling ako kay Chinee "Friend?" with a questionable face

Tinampal niya lamang ako. Sign na tumahimik na ako.

Okay okay!

We ordered drinks for us. Should I text Sam, my Finance Officer and also a friend, to come here so that I won't be alone and feel so broken?

But then, this girl just got her luck in the day and in the night!

Coming our way is Arrow Montealgre still in his button down red polo.

He stopped by in the group of men near us. Oh! They are the men he's with kanina sa meeting. Well maybe they're some what related. Cause they are good looking boys din.

Kung hindi lang ako into Arrow, siguro yung mga kasama niya pwede na rin. But to be honest, he's the most handsome and mature one. Well, ganun talaga. Looks can be deceiving. Nagawa nga niyang patayin ang kapatid ko, anong silbe ng guwapo siya? Wala!

Calm down Leys. This not the time to burst. There will be a time for that.

"Hey, CR lang ako." I smile to both of them as I stood up.

As I was walking to my way to the CR, I made sure that madadaanan ko ang table nila. I looked into their table and..

"Oh! Hey!" nanlaki ang mga mata ko. Surprised to see them here. Of course, acting yun.

"Mr. Montealegre! Dito din pala kayo?"

"Hi Miss Saavedra! Yeah. We like to chill. Lalo na ngayon pagod sa trabaho." the moreno guy answered me. Kasama siya kanina sa meeting

In my peripheral, nakikita ko ang madilim na titig ni Alvaro sa akin. Sige lang tingnan mo lang ako. Sayong-sayo lang naman ako. Rawr

Ang isa pang kasama nila kanina ay tahimik lang at nakamasid sa pinakasulok. He looks like Alvaro though. Maybe they're siblings. I wasn't attentive kasi kanina sa pagpapakilala sa kanila, I was attentive to Alvaro only. Masyado akong pre occupied. He was scanning me like an xray scanner!

The other one naman ay mestizo. Gwapo rin. Parang artista naman ang mukha. Hindi kita type. Hindi siya kanina kasama sa meeting.

I came back to my senses and I immediately smiled "Just call me, Leys! Drop the formality!"

This mestizo guy immediately held his hand for me! "Hi! I'm Sandro Sorival. Alvaro's cousin."

I smiled awkwardly. I really don't feel this type of men. Aggressive.

But is hook hands with him. Syempre baka mapahiya naman.

Arrow's eyes went down to our hands.

Aba'y wala pa nga. Selos ka agad boi.

"Hey, upo ka muna!" The moreno guy offered me a seat beside Sandro. But I saw a space beside Arrow, so...

"Hehe. Ahmm... Twins kayo ni Lyan diba?" the moreno guys asked.

"I'm Achi nga pala, pinsan din ni Alvaro" tumango lamang siya sa akin

"Oh! Hmm.. Yes! But We were apart for almost 10 years. You know, our parents.." hindi ko na tinapos. Alam na naman nila siguro yun. I don't want to make drama here. Baka mahalata masyado ang plano ko.

"Yeah. We heard about that. Modern family!" Achi shrugged his shoulders and gestures something like it's okay.

That lightened the air, thanks God.

"So, Mr. Montealgre, I look forward to our partnership. Sana ay maging masagana ito at magtuluy-tuloy." I smiled facing him.

"Alvaro" he took his glass of drink and sip on it

"Okay, Alvaro." napanatag naman ako dun at ang haba ng Mr. Montealegre naman.