Friends Can Be Irritating

Monday morning...ugh. The weekend's over AGAIN! It's weird how that works, right? Weeks actually restart and repeat? Who would have thought...?

"DAKOTA YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE! GET UP!" I groan and roll over in my bed, stuffing my face into the pillow, mumbling something not even Scott would be able to make out with his ....weird werewolf hearing ... Just a few more minutes won't hurt anyone .. right?

Spoiler Alert: Those few minutes did in fact hurt someone, ME! THEY HURT ME!

I closed my eyes again and drifted off .. but it was only for a minute! I could swear by it!...The next thing I know my mom is swinging the door open, "DAKOTA REIGN, I called you 30 minutes ago! Get up and go to school before I personally drag you there myself!"

30 minutes ago?! No no...There's definitely been a mistake- I glance at the clock and it's- EIGHT AM?! SHIT-!

I jump up, faster than I knew was humanly possible, spinning around trying to gather my thoughts on what I need for school today, "okay, okay uh- Pack the homework that I...Didn't do- Of course I didn't do it, why would I?" I search around my room, eventually satisfied that I got everything, I run out to the kitchen with my bag on my back.

"Morning!" I shout as I pass my mom, "Kody what are you doing-?" I frown and glance over at her, confused, "what do you mean what am I doing? I'm going to school.." Mom raises her eyebrows, oh god not that look- I shrug my shoulders unknowingly, "What?!"

Mom rolls her eyes, "You're going dressed like that?" My eyes widen and I glance down quickly, realising that...yup, I forgot to get dressed into actual day clothes, nice one Dakota, nice one.

"SHI-" "HEY!" "CRAP! I meant crap, honest!" Damn lucky I caught that one- I shoot my mom a quick, innocent smile and run back to my room, dropping my bag down in the middle of the hall on the way.

I slide around the corner, passing my brother Danny's room and running into mine. I open my closet, quickly pulling out a simple pair of tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie. I get changed, again faster than I thought was humanly possible, and run out of my room. Swinging my bag back over my shoulder in the hall as I run to the front door. "I'M LEAVING NOW! BYE!" I didn't give my mom a chance to respond before I shut the door and began walking to school....running- running to school.

Okay so, maybe it's time to get myself a car and pass my drivers test...But there Isn't anytime! Between school and homework and....school- Alright! So what?! I don't actually have any good reason not to do it...It's FINE! Walking everywhere works just as well!

Liar.

I'm almost at the school when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, "Uh...Hey- Hey Lydia!" I try to cover up the fact that I'm out of breath- definitely time to get into shape- my god. "Kody, where are you?! And why are you panting-?!" Busted! I pull in a large breath of air before speaking again, "I..slept in.." "Again?!" Rolling my eyes I reply, "Yes Lydia, again. I'll be there soon, okay? You think you can last a few more minutes without my insanely amazing presence?"  My voice drips with sarcasm.

"Just hurry up, Kody" I nod and smirk, "yep- will do!" Lydia hangs up, I slip my phone back in my pocket and jog the rest of the way to school.

When the high school finally comes into view I slow down and start walking over to the green area where I usually sit out with my friends. I skim over the crowd of High schoolers, shaking my head at the idiotic freshmen dropping books everywhe- "DAKOTA!" My eyes shoot up to see my best friend, Lydia, waving me over to the other side of the green, I laugh under my breath and start walking over, passing Scott who's sitting at a bench table with Isaac and...ugh- Stiles.