Chapter 1

Melly's pov

"Mel wake up!" My mom yells throught door.

"Mmmkay." I mumble and roll out of bed landing in a crouch. (Maybe I am a cat XD. )

I plug in my iPhone to the stereo and blast some rock music as I dance around my room looking for my jeans. I've always had that kind if punk rock look. I just don't go all out like some people.

I quickly do my makeup and put in my studded bow headband. I walk into my room and look at my reflection in my full length mirror.

"Skinnies, tee, bracelet, necklace, hair straight and bow, eyeliner and mascara. I'm good." I say going off my checklist. I sigh as I look at the scar on my cheek from Daniel's bitch of a mom. No matter how much concealer I wore it would still show so I gave up and let it.

I run down stairs grabbing my book sack and cereal bar then racing to my red Jeep. Time to pick up Daniel.

Daniel's pov

Mom was drunk again when I woke up. I quickly got dressed and ran a hand through my hair. Melly and I kind of have the same punk-ish style, but I just wore jeans and a band shirt.

I walk as quietly as possible down stairs but Mom hears me anyway and walks out the kitchen with a wine bottle in hand. She throws it at me and I swiftly dodge it.

"You emo whore! Get out now!" She yells and I do as told. I race out the house and start walking in the direction of school.

"Hey hobo need a lift?" I hear Melly's familiar voice. I hop into her jeep and we drive off.

"Thanks." I yawn when I say this. Melly looks at me then back at the road.

"Let's skip today."

"What? Why?"

"Your tired, you have bags under your eyes, and we need to talk." She answers simply

"Your parents won't get mad?"

"Neh. We're just reviewing for midterms and with my grades they won't have to worry about me failing."

I nod and she drives us to a cafe not for from my house.

Melly was like the perfect child, but that's not what she wanted to be. Her parents had all these hopes for her. To dress her up for pageants and go to parties with the upper class. That wasn't what she wanted though. She even ran away a few times to get away from them. Once they got her back for the third time they gave up and just let her do her own thing. The only thing they cared about was her grades but other than that they didn't care what she did.

---time skip cafe---(Daniel's pov)

We sat down at the table with our mocha frappacinoes. We both love chocolate and coffee so we always get that at the cafe. I kept noticing a few guys there kept staring at her. Even as her best friend I will admit she is very pretty.

"Daniel we need to talk-"