「Phase 78」Royal Rebellion

With large strides, Sachiko approached the small meeting room. Supposedly, now was a great time to set her father's little plan into motion.

Outside of the door, she sighed.

Then, she walked in.

Sitting there were the four other Rosebuds, muttering amongst themselves, confused as to why their ' leader' had called for them.

Confused as to why the other group was there too.

Part of Shiki's big plan involved Midnight of all units, which greatly confused Sachiko. Whilst popular, they certainly weren't the most desirable unit to involve, especially compared to powerhouses like Kizuna.

Though, Sachiko supposed she shouldn't mind.

She was just the messenger. After passing this message on, she could focus on FloPro again whilst they did their little experiment.

To be honest, Sachiko didn't quite see the point in this - surely her fully blooming would bring Rosebud Academy just as much, if not more attention - but it didn't affect her so it was harmless.

No matter what her gut was trying to say to her, what could realistically go that wrong?

A lot.

But... Sachiko pushed those down.

"So," Emi started, facing Sachiko as the latter entered. The room fell silent. "What's this about?"

Despite all of the thoughts buzzing around her head, Sachiko stayed outwardly composed, pushing one of her loose strands of hair out of her face. "My father has requested you partake in his newest project," she stated.

"That's pretty vague," Tsubaki said.

Sachiko glared at her. "Is your attention span that short?" She asked, then continued, "I'm sure you all remember Celestial Academy's unit cup last year, correct?"

In response, they nodded.

"MeguruMeguru and Midnight competed," Yui recalled, "Both you units were incredible and in the end, MeguruMeguru came out on top."

"That's when Kizuna reformed too, right?" Mirai added.

"Right! We got to witness history," Hinata confirmed, pulling a peace sign.

"It seems like quite a big event then..." Akira commented.

"That's correct," Sachiko said, "Which is exactly why father wants you to recreate it."

The room fell silent once again.

"...I am afraid I do not understand," Kotone said.

"I said exactly what I meant," Sachiko said, "Each member of Midnight will team up with a Rosebud and in February those duos will battle it out."

Sachiko didn't understand why they all looked so perplexed. It was a fairly simple concept.

"Why?"

"Don't ask the messenger, ask father if you're that bothered."

"But..." Mirai furrowed her brows and pursed her lips, counting on her fingers, "There are five Rosebuds and four Midnight members."

"Oh, you're right!"

"Maybe... are you going to build another robot to join Midnight?" Mirai leaned into Sachiko, eyes sparkling.

Sachiko took a step back. "No."

"Aww, boring~!"

"We don't need any more members," Hinata pouted.

"I know," Sachiko argued, "So the logical route is for somebody to sit out. As the leader of the Rosebud's, I wouldn't m-"