「Phase 88」The Snowflake's Dance

Fully blooming...

It was something Sachiko had aimed for ever since she could remember. Constantly looking up to her mother, wanting to be just like her...

And finally, it happened.

Just... not in the way anybody had planned.

Yet, when Sachiko looked at her cards; recalled that amazing performance... She smiled.

Really, she wouldn't ask for it to be any other way.

The main problem was, Sachiko wasn't quite sure what her parents would think. When they said they expected her to bloom, what they meant was that they wanted only her to bloom. So knowing that someone else had bloomed - the daughter of Matsumoto Sakura, even - would more than likely...

Her hand hovered in front of the door.

She froze for a couple of seconds.

"It's me."

"Come in."

Sachiko's eyes widened.

That voice...

It belonged to a woman.

Or, more specifically, Hanabusa Cherry.

Her mother - the former legendary idol.

Sachiko's suspicions were confirmed as she walked in, met face to face with both parents, staring coldly.

"I'm sure you know what we called you here for," her father said. Sachiko gulped.

"Yes, sir."

"Do you not realise how foolish you've been?" Shiki asked, "It was a horrendous mistake on your behalf to enter within that unit cup. Just one more solo performance and-"

Sachiko looked to the floor, clenching her fist.

He was wrong.

He was so wrong and yet...!

"The only reason I..." she muttered, then stopped herself.

"Didn't you say you wanted to become the best?" Cherry asked, "How could you possibly be the best if you constantly share the spotlight?"

"But you-!"

"Silence."

The room temperature fell several degrees, Cherry's pink eyes piercing through Sachiko's soul.

"I didn't... I didn't need her!" Cherry spat, sounding... almost hesitant, "All she ever did was hold me back... only when we separated I could reach my true potential." She kneeled down, cupping a hand around Sachiko's face, "We're only thinking about what's best for your career, darling."

"...I know," Sachiko muttered, "I said I wanted to be a top idol, after all."

"That's exactly it."

"..."

"What you did this weekend wasn't a bad start. You just have to leave that girl," Cherry stood up, "She has Matsumoto blood in her - I couldn't trust her. She'll only leave you when you need her the most."

Leaving the office, Sachiko silently ran her hand over her cheek.

Bad blood...

It was true. Mai had left her before but...

She... kind of deserved it...

Yet, they found each other again. Even if it took a while, they were back - stronger than ever! Mai had eventually forgiven her and... and...!