A Sour Night

It was a chilly Tuesday evening, you looked out the window, it was raining tacos as it does at this time every week. You sat at the bar with an almost empty drink and a gloomy look on your face. Your eyes were red and droopy and you looked like you hadn't slept in days. Your boyfriend had broken up with you earlier today and you weren't taking it to well...

-Flashback-

"B- but I don't understand." you whimpered, standing in front of your short boyfriend, who was holding his cap in his hands. "I'm sorry Y/N but it's just not working." He looked up at you, sadness filling his eyes "I can't keep breaking your back like you ask me to, it goes against my morels." You started to tear up, you couldn't believe what you were hearing... but you knew he was right, it would never work between you two. You managed mumble your final words out through your tears before walking away forever..."Well now you've broken my heart and you'll never be able to fix it Felix."

You waved the bartender over and ordered your fourth drink for the night. As you started sipping the beverage you noticed a man eyeing you from the other end of the bar. He was tall and skinny, his hair was messy and he was wearing what seemed to be a science jacket.

He noticed you looking back at him and he gave you a small friendly wave. You waved back with a little smile on your face. The bartender walked over and handed you another drink, "I didn't order this" you muttered. The bartender nodded his head towards the man still looking at you sweetly. He got up and waltzed over taking the chair next to you. "Hi" he spoke softly, still smiling "I'm Flint Lockwood". You shifted slightly turning to face him "I'm Y/F/N, thanks for the drink by the way" you said shyly tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

You and Flint got to talking. He asked why you were upset and you told him all about your break up with Felix. You asked him all the normal questions, just getting to know each other.

"So what do you do for work?" You asked casually, taking a sip of your drink. "I'm an inventor" he stated confidently. "That's cool! What kind of stuff do you invent?" He answered almost immediately listing off his inventions, a proud smile plastered on his face.

He started telling you about one of his first inventions, spray on shoes. You looked down at his feet and saw his feet covered by a dark, glittery, shoe-like substance. "Wow they're really sexy!" you stated, taken back by how hot Flint looked in his spray on shoes. "So... do you wanna go back to your place?" you added, overcome with desire at the sight of the sexy shoes. "I don't see why not" he said smiling. He grabbed your hand and led you out of the bar.