Chapter 2

Ugh kinda short... But I wanted to update so here! Hope you like it :) thanks for reading.

It was Friday morning when I pulled the curtains on my window back and peered down to the street below. Sure enough Zayn was packing his car. Today he was leaving and going to try out for X Factor. He has always loved singing, and he's really good at it. He has nothing to lose. I have faith in him. He's so talented, I know he will go far. He never really sang for anyone but me and his family. It is weird to think he will soon be singing in front of tons of people, and he will be getting judged on his talent, too. I slipped on some joggers and a shirt and ran down the stairs. I slid across the tiled floor and bolted out of the front door after slipping on some shoes. Zayn lived right next door to me and it has been like that for as long as I can remember.

I slowed down as I reached his front lawn. He put a suitcase in the boot of his car and then closed it before noticing me standing there. His mum came out and hugged me, giving me a look of sympathy, before hopping into the driver's side. I turned around and he was standing behind me, staring at the ground, hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans. He looked so perfect at that moment, I couldn't handle the fact that he really was leaving me. I quickly brushed away a tear that hand slipped out of my left eye and rolled down my cheek. He shifted his gaze from the ground to me, peering through his long, dark lashes. Before I knew it the tears were falling uncontrollably; escaping my tear ducts, completely wetting my now red cheeks. He stepped closer to me, wiping away my tears with his palms. He kept his hands there for a moment, staring into my eyes. He pulled me into a bone crushing hug, and stroked my brown, wavy hair. I couldn't help but to let out a sigh. Nothing felt better than being in his embrace. He brought his lips to my ear, "Don't cry. Please don't cry. Promise me, Annalise." My mind wandered back to yesterday, when his lips were pressed against mine. I longed to feel that again. To feel the electricity coursing through my vains when our lips touched. I didn't have the guts to mention to him that kiss. I was dying to know what was going on between us, but now wasn't the time. He stepped back, his hands still gripping my forearms. I finally stopped crying and stood up straighter, nodding, following his instructions. And that's exactly what I did.

I didn't cry as he got into his car. I didn't cry as we said our last goodbye's. I didn't cry when he blew me off. I didn't cry when we lost contact. I didn't cry, until, we met again, two years later.

He had broken his promise, but I.. I kept mine.