Chapter 3

I don't really like this part but the story will get better! Thanks for reading :) comment, vote, fan... xx

Two years later

"I can't believe how much money we spent!" My friend, Emma exclaimed, looking at me from the passenger's seat with wide eyes. "Hey I can't help that I'm a shopaholic!" I chuckled as I turned the car onto my street. We had just gone shopping at the mall, and let me just tell you, I have more bags than I can carry. As I neared my house I noticed something different. A sight I hadn't seen in quite some time now. I slowed down the car a bit, to avoid running over the boys who were standing in the middle of the street, kicking a football to each other. "This can't be." I spoke aloud, my mouth gaping in horror. I knew this day was bound to come but no. Not like this. I'm not ready for this. There is no way I am going to talk to Zayn or any of his new little friends. He left me here, alone. He broke his promise.

*Flashback*

"I will text you everyday. And we will talk on the phone all the time. And of course we will be able to Skype! Don't worry, I'm not going to forget about you. I promise." Zayn spoke to me with urgency, gripping both of my hands in his.

He broke his promise. It had only been a week when things started changing between us. His calls became less frequent, and he sounded distant when we did get the chance to talk. I knew he was busy with the competition and he was doing so well since Simon put him in a group with four other boys. I was so proud of him, but he broke his promise, he forgot about me. Soon I stopped waiting around, just hoping he would answer my texts. Something happened that I didn't think would ever occur, I lost my best friend. I lost the boy that I was in love with.

I looked over to Emma, who also had her mouth wide open. Of course I told her everything, she was the closest friend I had. She gave me a look of sympathy before telling me that everything was fine and to just hurry up and get to my house. I kept my eyes locked on my house and tried my hardest not to look in his direction. My plan was working smoothly until I got out of my car and went to the boot to get the bags out. He was staring at me, the ball in his hands. It felt like we held each others' gazes for ages before one of his friends called his name and snapped him out of it. I felt my face flush red and rushed inside my house to spare myself from any further embarrassment. I dropped my bags by the door and slumped down on the couch in the living room. Emma sat next to me and I turned my head to look at her. I blew a strand of hair out from the middle of my face before sitting up and turning to my friend. "What do I do now?" I choked out.