Chapter 3 The next day, 'What am I to do?'

Now that she had woken up, the next thing was getting some coffee into her body. She thought of the dream, and who could she tell, Tina popped into her head. Tina and Sarah being best friends since they started third grade together, she knew Tina would believe her. They had shared who they liked, what subject was their best one, which teacher they had crushes on, and who they wished would move away. Sarah called Tina on the phone and asked her to come over to help her with the cooking. Tina agreed to be there in ten minutes, luckily it only took five after she got dressed and broke the land speed record for walking seven blocks in the snow. Sarah walked into to her kitchen just before Tina got to the door, so she started the coffee brewing to be ready when Tina got there.

            Tina knocked on the door a minute later. Sarah answered the door and got a huge hug from Tina before Tina stepped into the room. “So what’s up, I have the feeling this morning’s call wasn’t just for help to cook. Since you are a great cook, and could have been hired on at any of the five star restaurants, anywhere in the world?” Tina said as she stared into Sarah’s eyes. ‘I’m so busted!’ Sarah thought to herself, as she tried to look busy with getting out all the stuff that need cooked today. “No I had a weird dream last night, maybe you can help me understand it.” Sarah answered Tina.

               Tina said “Sure tell me about it, while we get started with the cooking.” She picked up the ex-large pot, for the mashed potatoes, setting it in the sink to fill up with water. Sarah slowly turned on cold the water, in order to fill it. Tina grabbed the potatoes, a peeler and the trash can. Then she sat down at the table, setting the potatoes on the table to wait for Sarah. Sarah watched the water filling in the pot then turned it off when it was done. She took the pot over to the stove, and then walked over to the table and sat down.

            Sarah opened the bag of potatoes, as she and Tina grabbed a potato to start peeling. Sarah looked at Tina and started telling her about the dream. “It started when I found this eg thing in my bag, after I got ran over by the most handsome man I have ever been able to lay my eyes on.” “Oh really, do tell what did he look like?” Tina asked shyly. “He was about six feet tall, dark wavy haired, medium build not to thin but not fat either, and a fair skinned man. He had golden brown eyes, a straight nose, and prefect lips.” Sarah told Tina, knowing Tina was more curious than she was letting on.

            While Tina got up and walked over to the cupboard to get two cups of coffee for herself and Sarah. Tina poured the cups of coffee, one with a teaspoon of sugar and milk, and the other with water and lots of sugar just like Sarah take it. Tina brings the cups back to the table and sets them down. Sarah picked up her cup of coffee and took a drink then set it down beside her on the table. They picked up another potato and started to peel them.

            Sarah continued telling Tina what happened in her dream; “He said ‘Sarah, I need to remember what I have said when you wake up. There are thing you may not understand or don’t want to, but that you need to. That eg is the only thing left that I have, my life may not last much longer. But do not try to find me, or both you and the eg will be in danger. In the event I am able to get back to you and the eg, I will tell you my name. The eg will know it is me, and a peace will come over you. If I am not able to come back to you, the eg will start growing in time it will hatch. At that time the dragon will take you somewhere, that you both may live the rest of time without fear of any danger. Please understand that this is a must, in no way can the eg be destroyed. The dragon must live, and you must go with it when the time comes.’