The Eg That Time Forgot..

Prelude

   Sarah was walking down the sidewalk, stopping to look at the different store fronts running up and down the street. When she looked up and saw the tall, dark haired, fair skinned man. He was weaving around people, like he was being chased by someone trying to kill him. She really didn't want to watch him, but in that moment his graceful movements and the stark fear on his handsome face caught her interest. It seemed like the two minutes, that it took him to reach the spot next to where she was standing, was an eternity. The next moment he ran smack dab into her, almost knocking her down. His only comment was a quick mumbled; “Oh, I’m sorry.” Before he ran off in the direction he was going.

Why the unknown male had run into her? She had no idea and while she was distracted he had slipped something into her bag? So she didn't even realize that she had it, until she got back to her apartment over the ‘Laundry-o-Mat’ that her Aunt Maude and Uncle Scott owned and ran. As she was unloading the two bags of groceries, she found a pale almond colored, oval shaped gem. So she totally forgot the groceries. Sarah looked at the pale almond colored, oval shaped gem the size of a medium emerald. And thought to herself,’ Now what is this, and what am I suppose to do with it? And is this stolen from one of the stores that I walked by, or from someone’s home?’ Sarah went to the phone and called her Uncle Scott, and asked him to come upstairs. He said he would come up in just a few minutes; he just needed to lock up first.

Sarah waited apprehensively for him to arrive, five minutes later, she finished putting away her groceries. Uncle Scott knocked on her door. She practically ran to the door, and jerked it open so her uncle could walk inside. She looked at him with worry painted in her eyes. Her uncle asked ‘What is the matter, Sarah? What happened today, while you were out?’ Sarah shut the door quieter, than she had opened it. They walked through the hall, into the kitchen. She told him about the man who ran into her, and how she found the gem in her bag. And that the first person she thought of talking to was him, because he was the retired police cheif.  They stopped and sat down at her small round table.  She took the gem out of her pocket, and handed it to him. So he could examine it better. 

__________====_______________

please vote, comment whether you this so far, and/or vote for me.

nevadepardo