Realizations

The Northern army was beginning to see the struggles pile against them

The Northern army was beginning to see the struggles pile against them. When the news of Jaidyn and Aden disappeared, Walder Fray had taken the opportunity to present one of his daughters to bear another heir for Robb. But then the news spread of a foreign nurse bearing his seed and Walder Fray ordered his soldiers back. He was an old man trying to gain power while power was being thrown around. He had his chance to manipulate his way to the throne. 

Now as he stood in the hallow halls of Harrenhall, Robb began to wonder if he could really keep the South from advancing North. His army was seemingly falling apart since Jaidyn's departure. His mother released their greatest prisoner and troops being recalled while the lords were beginning to question his intentions.

Talisa watched as Robb pondered the thoughts inside his head. She was trying to get as close to Robb. Trying to overshadow the hold Jaidyn still had on him. The girl wanted to be the one he turns to seek advice, the one the lords address as My Queen rather than My Lady.

"My mother always told me you Westerosi men were a grim lot. Grim, bearded, stinking barbarians that would row across the Narrow Sea and steal us from our beds." Talisa spoke to lighten the mood and bring Robb's attention to her.

He turned to look at her pulling from his thoughts. With his mother locked away and Jaidyn gone, he found Talisa by his side rather often.

"Did you ever think you'd give birth to one?" Robb asked reminding her that the babe she carried was part Westerosi.

"I never thought I'd fall in love with one let alone lay with one and bear his seed." Talisa confessed hoping this would advance her intentions for the throne.

The words took him back as he never expected her to confess her feelings. He had know their encounter was a mistake but he had also seen first hand how children who were not born by the same mother affects a child. He never wanted his child to face the same hardships Jon had so he had tried to remain amiable for he future of his child. He could only hope that Jaidyn wouldn't take the same approach his mother did with this child.

"Never?" Robb said trying to keep the conversation friendly.

"Not until I met the king of the grim, bearded, stinking barbarians." Talisa smile brightly at him engaging in the conversation.

Before their conversation could further, a knock sounded as another entered the room. Robb was used to seeing his face as he was the main person bringing the news to him. He could only wonder what news he was bringing now.

"Pardon me, Your Grace. My lady." He addressed the two in the room.

"Lord Bolton." Talisa sighed slightly at the intrusion of their moment.