Book of Love [IM]: Chapter 14

The four filled Minhyuk's car. Lessey and Changkyun in the back seat. Athena on the passenger's seat while Minhyuk's on the driver's side. "It only takes an hour for us to get there, right Changkyun?" Minhyuk asked, making his youngest brother nod his head obediently. Minhyuk nodded in response before he left the parking lot.

As they started moving, Lessey plugged her earphones in her ear as she engulfed herself into her own taste of music. Little did she know, Changkyun beside her, mirrored her actions.

As the couple in front talked, the two at the back stood the opposite. Both not exchanging words, but having this secretly mutual understanding.

._.

Changkyun woke up from someone clicking his or her camera, aware that he's a light sleeper. When he did open his eyes, he was met with Athena's. "What are you doing?" He asked suspiciously. Athena just snickered, "We want to let you know, we've arrived in the place." Athena said. Changkyun just hummed in reply, rubbing his eyes in the process. "We'll head out first." Minhyuk said as he hopped off the car and to the trunk. Changkyun blinked, trying to get used to the golden brown light emitted by the sun setting.

He then turned to his right to see Lessey in her deep slumber. He chuckled softly before pulling her hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear. "Les." He called, his deep voice crisp and clear to her ears. She sighed, unconsciously tilting her head to the side, to Changkyun's shoulder.

The latter blinked. His breath hitched as he tensed a little. "Les." He called again. She only hummed, "We're here." He continued when he heard her response. Lessey exhaled as she slowly opened her eyes.

She blinked. The sun rays blinded her. She yawned, unaware that Changkyun, who snickered, was watching her. She stopped mid-air once she heard him. She lifted her head, their noses touching as they both lost in the galaxies in each other's eyes. They both stayed like that for a minute or two before Lessey woke to her senses. She inched away, fully leaving his shoulder.

Her heart was beating erratically. Same as his. "Did I sleep long on your shoulder?" She asked, gulping the unexpected nervousness she had. "N-no. You didn't." He only answered. She slightly nodded, her eyes wandering around but him. "W-we should hop off. We're already here." Changkyun said, making the girl nod her head. She then opened the car door, Changkyun following after.

Lessey was met with Athena behind the car. "Took you long enough to wake up, sweetie." She said as she pushed Lessey's luggage to her. The latter caught it smoothly, smiling at Athena. "Let's go." Athena said as she walked ahead of Lessey.

Lessey followed, leaving Changkyun alone to close the trunk. He then traced the girl's trails to their designated tents. "No more 'buts'. Nana is going to share a tent with me." Minhyuk childishly argued. Lessey rolled her eyes at how he would do anything just to share a tent with his girlfriend, even if he has to fight like a child.

"Minmin-"

"Minhyuk. Listen, Changkyun and I are friends, but not that close to the extent we'll share a tent." Lessey cut her best friend. Minhyuk was about to open his mouth when Changkyun joined, "Hyung. It's best if we divide our sleeping tents to sexes and not to relationships." "Maknae. You're supposed to side with me." Changkyun's brother whispered. Changkyun just raised an eyebrow, "Since when, hyung?"

"Since-ugh! Fine." Minhyuk grumbled. He then turned to Lessey, "But don't think I won't steal her from your lonely ass, because I will." He dismissed before sassily turning away and heading towards the tent. The three looked at each other before shrugging. They then went to their tents.

As they entered, Lessey felt her jaw dropped as the tent was far from what she imagined.

The tent was surprisingly wide. With an ondol (Korean underfloor heating system) style of flooring and an interior that gives you a homey feeling.

Lessey slipped her hand away from her luggage as she lay on the bed. Sighing at the new found comfort of the place. "Aigoo. My best friend's already tired? We just got here." Athena said. "And you don't feel my back pain from that hour of a ride here." Lessey argued. Athena just shrugs before walking outside to take a picture of the area.

Lessey, however, lied subtly. Letting her eyes close for a while before she finally let herself drift to her slumber.

._.

When she woke up, the sky turned pitch black. She opened her phone to check that it's already 7:30. She locked it again, dropping it beside her as she started to stretch her limbs from that 2 hour nap. She then rose from the bed, looking around, but all she was met with empty spaces. "Athena?" She called, but no answer. Lessey decided to stand up, in order for her to search a shadow of her best friend.

She went out of their tent and to her surprise, the place was illuminated by the lights from the tents, now tracing the pathway towards the main ground area.

As she was walking, she ignored where she was going as the lights left her dumbfounded when she accidentally bumped into someone. "Oh-I'm so sorry. It's clumsy of me not to look at my-Changkyun?" She rambled as she looked up at the person who she bumped into. To her surprise, it was one of the people she's with.

"Hi." He greeted, smiling smally. "Where are you going that got you distracted?"

"I was looking for Athena since she isn't in our tent." "You're looking for Athena while I'm looking for my brother." He said as realization hit them. Before the two could open their mouths, they both received a message from the couple.

"They're in the club house."

"Where's the club house?"

They simultaneously said as they looked at each other. A pause took over them before they both laughed, amused by the incident. "Come on. They must be waiting for us." Changkyun said. "Agreed."

They both then walked together.