Book of Love [IM]: Chapter 26

"Lessey!" Lessey heard her brother from downstairs. The girl then opened her bedroom door, hurriedly walking down the stairs. "Oppa?" She called. It's already 8pm and Changkyun is still nowhere to be seen. As she stepped in the living room, he was met with two figures by the couch. "Good evening." She announced, making the figures turn to her. Hyunwoo blinked innocently, "Lessey." Changkyun called, getting his presence known to the girl.

Lessey turned to him, a smile curved on her lips, "Let's go?" She asked him. The boy nodded his head before rising from the couch. "Take care of my sister, maknae." Hyunwoo said. Changkyun nodded before turning to Lessey. He then offered his hand for her to take, Lessey cheekily accepted. "You look comfy." He pointed as they walked out of the house.

"You told me to wear comfortably-where are we going anyway? And why are we going there this late?" She asked, slipping in the passenger's side. She waited for Changkyun to go to the driver's side, "You'll see." Changkyun assured her.

He started to pull off the driveway, "Where are your parents?" He asked. Lessey shrugged, "On a business trip."

"And Minsoo noona?"

"She's working overtime. She told me they're investigating something." Changkyun nodded. "How long does it take for us to arrive?"

"Half an hour." "Can we make a pit stop by the convenience store then?" Lessey requested. "Why?" Changkyun asked. "I'm craving for something." She said, Changkyun has nothing to do but nod his head.

._.

The bell above the door echoed through the store, announcing new customers' arrival. "What are you craving for?" Changkyun asked as he followed the girl around the aisles. Lessey shrugged as she randomly picked up chips, "How many more minutes until we get to our destination?" She asked, "15 more minutes." Changkyun calculated, looking at his wristwatch. "This'll be enough." She nodded to herself, now proceeding to the cash register.

"Is that all, ma'am?" The cashier asked. Lessey smiled, "Yes…" She looked down on his nametag, "Daniel." The boy smiled at the mention of his name from the girl as he scanned the items. "Was that necessary?" Changkyun whispered to her ear. The girl hummed questioningly, "Calling his name cutely-"

"That'll be 65,000 won." Daniel cut Changkyun. The latter exhaled sharply while Lessey happily pulled out a hundred thousand won bill, passing it to the cashier. "Keep the change, please. We're kind of in a hurry." Changkyun said, reaching for the plastic bag and pulling Lessey out of the store.

The two proceeded to the car, "What was that about?" Lessey chuckled as Changkyun set off the road. The boy inhaled sharply, "You called his name, which is not necessary, cutely." He pointed. "That's just my normal voice Kyunnie-wait. Are you getting all jelly?"
"No, I don't-"

"By the sounds of it, it looks like you are."

"All I want to point out is that you don't have to be nice and all to people-"
"Because you might get jealous-"

"No. Because-" "Kyunnie. Last time I checked, you're also a stranger to me when you first came into the lighthouse back in Sokcho. Was I rude to you? No." Lessey pointedly looked at his side. "Also, you're not my boyfriend for you to get all jelly every time I talk to guys-"
"Correction: Soon-to-be boyfriend."

"Correction: Potential boyfriend." Lessey said, also mimicking Changkyun. The latter turned quiet, realizing the fight was so childish, "Now you realized that this petty debate was time wasting, huh?" Lessey said as if she was reading his mind.

Changkyun hesitated before slowly nodding, slightly getting embarrassed. "It's okay. At least you know it's a waste of time-I mean, come on! You're the first and only suitor I have. You're like breaking a new record!" She motivated him.

The boy suddenly hid a smile, "Oh my god. Why are you hiding it from me? You know I love those smiles." She whined at the same time, cooed at his cuteness. "Idon'tlikesmiling." He said continuously, making Lessey tilt her head to the side, "You're talking gibberish again."

Changkyun widened his eyes, quickly turning to her then back on the road, "When was the last time I said gibberish?"

"Just last night." She nonchalantly said, opening a bag of chips. She picked up a piece before turning to him, "Chips?" The boy just shook his head. "Suit yourself." She shrugged.

"Sure, since we're here now." He said as he stopped at a toll. Lessey looked up as her eyes wandered.

A drive-in theater.

"Woah. I thought this only happens in movies-how'd you find it?" She asked quickly once the boy paid for their movie tickets. "A magician never reveals his secret-"

"Blah blah blah. That line is too 2000 and late, Kyunnie. Improvise, you're a smart guy, remember?" Lessey said as she continued gawking at almost everything. From their neighboring cars to the big screen in front of them.

"What're we going to watch?" She asked, her mouth now full of food. Changkyun turned to her, "Five Feet Apart." He said.

Lessey nodded, "Do you want to sit on the roof? It'll make the experience better." Changkyun proposed. Lessey quickly turned, "It's cold. It's better if we stay here-"

"Reason why I brought a blanket." He said as he pulled a one big quilt, fit for two. "You want to go on the roof?" He asked again.

Lessey hesitated, "Fine." She said, Changkyun's eyes glittered with joy. He then opened his door, hearing Lessey's door also close. He looked in her direction, offering a hand.

"What a gentleman!"

"I want a plus point, that's why." He chuckled. He pulled Lessey.

She hopped on the car before steadying herself, exhaling triumphantly. However, she didn't realize how close they were. She looked up and was met with Changkyun's faded freckles and his endearing gaze.

She'd be lying if she said Changkyun's face is imperfect because of some flaws, but she threw those thoughts. This guy, with or without any filters, looks good. She wished guys would take him as a role model. "Are you okay now?" Changkyun asked, snapping her to reality. Lessey blinked before nodding.

"I wasn't sprained or anything, I'm good!" She answered as she left Changkyun's side. She then sat on the roof with irregular heartbeats. Changkyun followed her, draping the blanket on both of them before they focused their attention on the movie.