𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

The smell of fresh bread that came of the old oven was what woke up the little three-year old. when she realized her mom probably made some she immediately got of her bed that was situated in the attic of the small hut. She ran down the stairs that even with her small weight, the stairs kept cracking very loudly. Once she was at the bottom of the stairs she could hear her mother hum a song, it was a lullaby that would be sang every night to her so that she would sleep more peacefully.

" How many times do I have to repeat my self, young lady! Don't run down the stairs, you will get hurt someday," Lily is looking at her mom with the beautiful big blue eyes, those kind of eyes you can't say no nor be mad at. Her mother looks down to meat the gaze of her little daughter. She stops cutting the vegetables she was previously cutting. She kneels down and gracefully picks her up. Lily lets out a small squeal of excitement.

" I'm sorry mommy, I smelled bread! I like bread!" With those words her mother chuckles lightly. She gives her a kiss on her cheek and puts her down on one of the chairs just behind her back. Once Lily is sat she makes her way back to the small kitchen and cuts a small slice of bread. When she gives it to the little girl she says: "Be careful, it's still kind of hot!"

---------

𝔐𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔓𝔒𝔙

Seeing how lucky she is with just a slice of bread makes me feel so happy inside. Something i rarely had. She smiles for everything, she is like a little angel. My angel.

" Mommy, what you doing?" The little voice of my daughter fills the room. I look up from my diary, again I am met with those bkue eyes. Even if they will haunt me for the rest of my life, I can't get enough but stare at them.

" Mommy is writing my dear," I respond softly. She is about to answer when I hear a loud crack, the sound is coming from the open window that has a perfect view of the woods. I frown my eyebrows knowing that it couldn't be an animal. We are in the middle of winter, it is too cold for the animals to come out of there hidden place and they usually would be hibernating. After hearing another crack, less louder but closer. that is when I decide to get up and run towards Lily. She gives me a confused look.

" Mommy? What's wrong?" I shush her and run towards the little basement. " Listen Lily, I need you to stay down here until I come back. Whatever you hear, don't come up. Do you hear me?" She only gives me a nod but it suffices.

I hear a knock on the door, I wait for a couple of second before answering the door. Right in front of me are two knights. I know exactly why they are here and where they come from. " Dear civilian, or should I more likely address you with Q-" One of the knights hasn't gotten the times to finish his sentence when I cut his parole. " Whatever you want, I won't give it to you. You can tell the King that he can go fu-

-------

𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔡'𝔰 𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔓𝔒𝔙

After the knight slammed a stone onto Lily's mother's head, which resulted of her passing out. The knights chuckle. " Seems like we will be getting a big reward and it also seems like the King is getting what he desired to get back, after all this time" They lift her up and dump her in the carriage. " Make sure she doesn't wake up before we get there,"

--------

That morning, would be the last time Lily would have heard the voice of her mom, her presence, her lullabies, her laugh, her humming, her fresh baked breads, her sweet kisses, her warm and comforting hugs. But the worst of all of this, is that Lily will forget everything, the pain would be gone. The memories would all vanish in the dark back of her brain. She will never know what happened to her mother. Or will she?
------------
With all the love, P.