Spines

In a big house live a daughter, mother and a dog. They were having a happy life. That is until the daughter has nightmares.
     The daughter was playing with her dog and saw her father at the corner of her eyes. She shrugged it off and continue to play with her dog.
    At night, she heard her name being called. It was her mother. She got out of her room until she feel her dog trying to get her away from her mother. The daughter trusted the dog and its instincts. So she listened to the dog and went to her mothers bed room. She saw her mother sleeping peacefully on the bed.
     Her dog tugged her shirt and the two hid in the closet. A few minutes later, she heard someone crawl upstairs and onto the mother's room.
    She saw a spider like lady. She closed her eyes trying her best to stay quiet. When she opened her eyes, she saw the lady staring at her. The lady jump at her. She woke up to see her mother trying to wake her up. Her mother was relieved to see her daughter was alright. The mother hugged her daughter and stayed like that for a few hours.
   The mother pulled away from the hug and told the daughter that dinner is ready. And the mother went downstairs. The daughter saw her dog on his bed, sleeping peacefully. The daughter got to the dog and wake the dog up.
     The dog woke up and went downstairs with the daughter. And all of them ate dinner.
     Every night, the dog would be under the daughters bed and licked her palms to know that the dog was with her.
     She was having another nightmare. She put her hand down and felt an unusual lick. She didn't think any of it and she go back to sleep.
    In the morning, she woke up feeling better than yesterday. She got out of bed and called out for the dog.

No response

The daughter called again.

No response

    She then looked at the floor and saw stains. She followed the stains and lead her to her bathroom. She opened the bathroom door and saw a pool of blood, close to the bath tub. She looked up to see her dog stomach cut opened. She screamed in fear and went to get her mother.
    She quickly went downstairs and saw her mother cooking. She told her mother everything.

No response

    The daughter began to feel cold. She asked if her mother was okay. She turned her mother's body to see her face was cut off. The daughter screamed and saw a man on the couch. It was her father.
     She rushed to him and hugged him tightly. The daughter told everything that has happened. The father didn't respond. The daughter felt a sharp pain at her back. She then died on the spot.
     The man then rip open the daughters back and pulled her spine and put them in a bag.
     He went outside and left a short trail of human spines. He then took a picture of it and disappeared.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝