12| Lies & Kisses

Happy Reading!!
Post-Christmas gift
✨✨✨

Apparently family night had been moved to this Saturday cause Jade had something to do. I don't mind cause me and Ryan's anniversary was coming up on Sunday.

I run down the stairs fully dressed and ready for school.

"Morning mom, morning dad", I hug mom who was at the table sipping coffee and wave at dad who was at the sink washing dishes, looks like they ate already.

"How was your night sweetie?", mom asks.

"Good, hey mom is it ok if I stop by the library", I ask timidly, "look I know we're grounded but I really need to catch up on my studies and maybe even read ahead of classes you know I love doing that", I add giving her puppy dog eyes.

"You should know by now that that doesn't work on me", she replies referring to the eyes, "but fine you can go."

"Thanks mom", I squeal, "oh I'm leaving now I'm stopping by Alexandria's cafe, tell Jacob I'll be going to school on my own, bye love you both."

"Love you too", they both reply.

»«»«»«»«»«

Walking into the cafe I feel at home, this place just gives you that feeling. I suddenly feel arms wrap around me, inhaling the vanilla scent I know it's Ms. Evans.

"How's my fav goddaughter doing", she asks smiling.

"I'm doing great. Bubbly and bright as always I see", I say referring to her, she's literally glowing.

"Oh you all keep me going, seeing you happy makes me happy", she says hugging me again, "so your usual?"

"Yes please", I sigh out. I walk over to a booth for two and set my bag on the table. Pulling out my phone I connect it to my AirPods.

I start to work on my assignments while listening to music. I decided not to gi to the library anymore, I could studt here. A waiter placed my food on the table I mouth a thanks to him, he winks back and I give him a weird smile.

I reach for the last piece of bacon and realize it's gone. I look up and see Xander chewing whatever looking all innocent.

"Hey! That's mine", I glare at him.

He shrugs like he just didn't take the last piece of my bacon. Jerk.

"So what you up to?"

"Trying to study as you can see", I roll my eyes.

He closes my books and snatches my pen out of my hand. "Studying is lame."

"I know but I really need to catch up so can I get stuff back. I need to get to school anyway."

"You really want go to school. You do know you have to face Ryan right? And I am pretty sure he's cheating on you with that pink haired girl. I feel like you gave him enough time to come up with an excuse", he ends with a slight frown.

I suddenly get pissed off. "What or who gives you the right to question my judgement. You don't know me neither do you know Ryan, so I would advice you to stay of my business henceforth."

I snatch my stuff from him, quickly throwing some notes on the table, I soon or off the café. I honestly started to feel guilty on my way to school,  I woke up on the wrong side of my bed today and he just had to get me pissed. It's his fault not mine.