First years

The final week was always a write-off as we had already finished all our assignments and exams. The only reason they kept us here was for those who didn't make it into the final year, it sounds harsh but every year you have to reapply for the following year. It didn't matter how much money your family had or what your parent's names were, you as a student had to be good enough for the school.

William, Juliet, Arthur, Oscar, Simeon, Daphné, Roman and I had made it into our final year and they were all I cared about being here with me. This week was for the pupils to pack and say goodbye to everyone and the school.

On Thursday it was our end of year celebration, each day of the week was designated to a different year group starting with the first years. It was custom for the 5th years to crash each celebration, they kicked off their own celebration on Monday and finally go out with a bang on Friday night.

"Artemis, what do you think of this one?" Daphné was showing me her dress options for Thursday night. After watching 'Bridgeton' over three times since it was released only a few months ago, she had immersed herself into period dramas and clothing with a passion.

She had on a vintage style empire waist dress with pink embroidered tule with a slightly modern twist.

"This one is my favourite," I said going over to her jewellery box to pick out her accessories - a small pendant locket along with a small chain bracelet. I put them on her and stood back, I didn't like the necklace so I swapped it for a stack of 3 dainty necklaces that looked perfect with the dress. We finished the look off with a simple pair of heels - a blush pink pair of Louis' from her vast collection.

"Goodness you would think these people had been bereaved from the way they are moping about crying and hugging one another as if they will never see them again," Juliet grumbled shitting the door behind her with her foot.

"Just ignore them, Ju, they know the deal if they didn't make the grades and hit Apollo's standards they don't make it to the final year here," Daph said coming out of the bathroom in her robe, dress in hand.

"Did you finally choose one?" Juliet said excitedly

"Only after trying on about a hundred others first," I mocked, flopping onto the bed.

"It's pretty Daph, I bet you look stunning in it." Juliet was holding the dress out looking over it "Have you decided what you're wearing yet Artemis?"

"Yeah, picked it out the other week, while you were out on your double date."

Daphné and Juliet had been in relationships for years. Juliet and Roman had been dating since the first year, Daphné and Arthur had started dating in 2nd year after we set them up.

I was very much single and I didn't care much for dating at all. I had been set up on dates by the girls many times in the first few years here but that ended after a guy spread a rumour I hooked up with him saying I was easy, he ended up with a black eye when Oscar overheard him in the locker rooms. 

"Oh yeah, was that all your decision or did you get help off your secret council again?" Juliet enquired 

"Yes, the boys helped me decide, in my defence they make it so much easier than you two do. Also, I had already narrowed it down to just two dresses, they just helped finalise my choice." I reasoned, they were always hurt when I don't ask them for advice.

"Ju, she has a point. We can never decide when she does ask us." Daphné said looking softly at Juliet who was pouting at me.

"Come on, we better get going if we are going to help the first years," I said. This was yet another tradition, fourth years on Monday night before the celebration start they go help the first years get ready, but also prepare them for the final years to drunkenly crash the party.