The Crown

Thursday was here before we knew it. The girls and I were all getting ready, taking turns in the bathroom and at the dressing table. I was always first ready, I had picked out a white off-the-shoulder corset dress, a gold Grecian crown on my head, and my hair was in soft beachy waves that tickled my back. Along with my crown, I had gold jewellery and gold wrap-up stilettos.

Juliet was wearing a black embroidered cami dress with dark eye makeup and a pair of black Louis, looking like she was about to walk the red carpet. Not long after, with a little help from us, Daphné was ready too. she also looked stunning all dressed up.

"Let's get this show on the road then," Juliet said excitedly and downed the last of her champagne.

Daph and I followed suit, finished our drinks and grabbed our bags. I slipped the same flask Thomas gave me 3 years ago into my bag as well, this time filled with something a little more sophisticated than Jack Daniels.

We all put on our masks, mine was a dear with celestial markings. Juliet had an elegant black mask, Roman had a matching one - he had them made and seemed more excited than her to wear it. Daphné and Arthur also had matching masks, but theirs's cream and gold.

We took a few photos first and off we went. The celebrations had already started but we had all been given time slots to enter the party, we were always to be last. I wasn't all that fussed about masquerade balls but our year group seemed overly excited about it as did the final years.

We entered the room, head up high, walking with confidence and power. I stood behind the girls as there wasn't enough room for us to all walk side by side.

Linda our year's head student was on the stage already starting her end-of-year speech, we were later than I thought. No one was paying her any attention but was looking at us three. I took this opportunity to take over from Linda (I never liked her, too sliver spoon if you ask me.).

"4th years, I just wanted to say a few words before the festivities begin. I wanted to say thank you for another wonderful year here at Apollo. For those who unfortunately won't be joining us next year, I wish you all the best in your studies and don't be too sad as tonight we celebrate the achievements of the entire year group.

"A fantastic play, amazing stories and written word, discoveries of the past, discoveries to help our future. Art in all its forms that we are honoured to have grace our school walls and platforms.

"To the friendships formed. To those who leave their Apollo journey here. To those who will be here, after the summer, let's party because next year will be harder. As Leo Tolstoy said 'Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here.'" The room erupted into cheers and the music started again, the final years were early and were clapping from the outside doorways.

Oscar appeared from the depths of the crowd along with the rest of the boys following behind.

"That was quite the entrance and quite the mask, the meaning going over the heads of most," He smirked

"You of all people should know 'you can never be overdressed or overeducated'" I smirked back

"You look like you not of this realm Artemis," Will said coming to stand next to Oscar.

"Trying to look mortal is exhausting you know." I winked

"Why try at all when men will fall at your feet for just the mere chance of being in your presence." Simeon bowed and winked at me.

"Right I need a drink and a dance," I said hoping someone would offer both. I untied my mask happy to have it off my face.

"What's the poison tonight Art?" Arthur asked