Chapter 7- Dog

The group went to the Cold Pond and found no traces if what had happened there the other day.
They searched for an hour before meeting up and resting.
They were all around the pond, some sitting, some standing. Shen Qingqiu sat next to Luo Binghe who was looking around with sharp eyes.
  "Nothing," Wei Ying sighed in disappointment, "what do we do now?" He leaned on Wangji as he spoke.
"Let's just rest for a while before going back," Shen Qingqiu suggested.
"Alright," Wei Ying nodded, he jumped in the pond causing water to splash on everyone else.
Luo Binghe covered his husband with his sleeve while Hua Cheng pulled Xie Lian back.
Wangji, however, had no time to react and got covered in water. He stayed still before glaring at Wei Ying who chuckled nervously.
"Hehe...Lan Zhan...I didn't mean it!" Wei Ying backed up slowly before freezing.
Wangji flicked a sleeve, "Boring," he said before walking away.
"Wah! Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying yelled, "Come back!" He waddled out of the water before chasing after the man.
Shen Qingqiu watched the scene and snickered. He covered his smile with his fan.
Xie Lian stayed behind Hua Cheng with his head peaking out.
A sudden bark pierced the air followed by a scream, "LAN ZHANNNN!"
That was enough to have everyone start laughing.
They all walked towards the sound and saw Jiang Cheng standing with Fairy while Wei Ying was clinging onto Wangji.
Shen Qingqiu raised an eyebrow behind his fan. He walked up to Jiang Cheng, "Jiang-xiong, if you don't mind, could you please take your dog away?"
"Why? It's not my fault Wei Wuxian is scared of dogs," he snorted.
"I-I'll tell Zewu Jun!" Wei Ying yelled.
"What's he going to do?" Jiang Cheng snapped.
"What else?! Fuck you to death!" Everything went silent.
Jiang Cheng blushed furiously, "Shut up!" His whip began to glow and spark, he raised it up before throwing it in Wei Ying's direction.
Wangji stopped it with his guqin right on time. He glared at the man before saying in a deep voice, "What Wei Ying said."
The man in purple was fuming. The veins on his forehead popped and his fists were clenched, "Shut...UP!"
"Wanyin!" A voice called out. It was Xichen, "Wanyin are you over here?!"
Jiang Cheng froze and took a deep breath, "Sect Leader Lan," he said calmly, "do you need anything?"
"Ah! There you are!" The man said cheerfully as he appeared, "I need a bit of help with the Forest Stone situation. Everyone is busy at the moment, could you help?"
Jiang Cheng glared at Wei Ying as he answered, "Sure, I need to get away from Wei Wuxian for a while." He looked down at Fairy, "Let's go Fairy."
He stalked away followed by a confused Xichen.
After the two were out of sight, they all let out a sigh of relief. "That was close," Wei Ying said.
  "We should probably go..." Xie Lian said.
  "Yeah! Let's go, Gege!" Hua Cheng smiled and grabbed the man's hand.
The two ran away leaving the rest alone. "Shizun, should we leave too?" Luo Binghe asked.
"It's fine, let's just sit down first."
  "Okay." The two sat down with Wangji and Wei Ying and began chatting, they were having fun until a rustle came in the bushes next to them.
   They all got quiet and froze, Wangji got a hold of his hilt and swiftly turned around, slicing the bush in half.
   A loud maniacal laugh echoed around the arena. "You really thought you could rid of me that easily?"
  "Who are you?!" Wei Ying yelled.
   "You don't remember me? Well I mean it has been a while," the voice chuckled.
  "Come out!" Shen Qingqiu called out.
  "I prefer not to," the voice drawled. "I'd rather stay here, and char with you."
  "Then what do you want?" He asked again.
  "Nothing, just wanted to play a little game."
  "What game?" Luo Binghe asked.
   "A game of fighting the puppets, obviously!" As the person said that, many puppets began appearing.
  "Shit."