Chapter 2

By 1Evan_King1

3rd person pov:

"HELP!, HELP!" Astrid shouted as the gang got into their positions. Two guards walked towards the cell and peeked in.

The guards see Snotlout lying on the ground. And the guard on the right quickly takes his keys from his pocket and fumbles around with them. He finally finds the right key and unlocks the metal door.

As soon as it unlocked, Fishlegs and Hiccup jumped out and pushed the door with Astrid. It swung open and whacked the guard who had just unlocked the door. The guard flew backwards and hit the wall, falling unconscious.

Snotlout jumped up and ran towards the other guard and punched him. It barely affected the guard as all he did was wipe a bit of blood off his face with his hand.

Angry, the guard aimed a blow at Snotlout's face, with twice the power. Hiccup ran towards the guard and gave him "Thor's Mighty Hammer"; This knocked him straight out and cost him a few teeth.

They ran out of the room, beginning their search for an escape. Breaking into pairs, Astrid was with Hiccup, Fishlegs was with Snotlout (however displeased), and Ruff and Tuff.

They remembered that Viggo mentioned that the dragons were being held below deck.

As they searched every room, taking out the surprisingly few guards there were, they reached the final room. Hiccup walked up to the door of the room and pressed his hand against it.

"This part of the ship is dragon proof; it must be where they are holding our dragons. Get ready." Hiccup whispered to the others.

Counting down from three, they all burst into the room. But they were shocked to find that there were no dragons in the room, but instead many armed Dragon Hunters. In the center, looking very smug, was Viggo with Ryker and Johann on opposite sides to him.

"Huh, Hiccup I really thought you had realized by now that I'm smarter than you. Do you really think I would let you just fly away?" Viggo asked.

"Maybe I just forgot. It's been ages since we last fought with you hiding away and all." Hiccup replied.

"If I were you I wouldn't be so rude to your hosts." Johann added. "...after all we can make life much worse for you." He took a few steps forward with an evil grin playing across his lips.

"Where are our dragons!" Astrid shouted. Hiccup had a small glimpse of fear in his eyes from Viggo's words. He didn't know if any except Astrid noticed.

"Oh they have been boarded onto another ship. Safe and sound, for now" Johann said.

"You will regret this." Hiccup said, and the gang adopted battle positions.

"Grab them!" Ryker shouted.

All of them were eventually restrained, but they still tried to wriggle out of their capture; to no avail.

They were all dragged out into a cell except Hiccup. "You're coming with us for another chat." Ryker said. The emphasis on the word "talk" sent a chill down Hiccup's spine.

He was dragged into the captain's quarters, while the others shouted at Ryker to let him go.

At first the gang couldn't hear anything. It wasn't until the screaming started that they prayed it would stop. "I don't know what the Dragon's Treasure is, and even if I did I would NEVER TELL YOU!"

By the time the screaming stopped, it was 10 minutes later. Two guards dragged Hiccup back to their cell, barely conscious.

"You monsters!" Fishlegs shouted at Viggo, Johann, and Ryker when Hiccup fell to the floor.

"Fishlegs, I thought you were above name calling?" Viggo said. Fishlegs opened his mouth to answer, but Viggo was already walking away, chuckling. He paused at the door. "Oh, and we will be arriving at our destination soon." Viggo added, and shut the door.

Hiccup fell unconscious as they rested him against the wall. All of them noticed the increase of guards and knew it would be harder to escape now.

"Look guys, there is no way we can escape on our own. But what if we get a terror mail to Berk? I've been dropping some small bits of fish in a path towards us, so hopefully a Terror will get here." Astrid said.

None of them believed the plan would work, but knew better than to disagree with Astrid. Some time later, a TerribleTerror arrived at the cell door with fish in it's mouth.

"I can't believe that worked." Snotlout said. "Quickly before they realize." Astrid quickly ripped some cloth off Snotlout's sleeves, using charcoal found on the floor to write a small note to the Chief. "Hey, that's my new shirt." Snotlout complained, but none of them acknowledged him. Then Astrid picked up the Terror and sent it out a window. The Terror knew where to go.

Stoick's pov

I sat in my chair at the Great Hall, discussing food supplies for winter when Gobber burst into the room shouting my name. He ran towards me, waving a note. He handed it to me, and I read:

We need your help. Hiccup, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruff,Tuff and I haven been captured by Dragon Hunters and we cannot escape. Hiccup is hurt and we're not sure how bad it is. They keep asking for information on this thing called the Dragon's Treasure? Please help.

Astrid Hofferson

I burst out of the hall with Gobber right behind. Spitelout and Arne (a trusted warrior) followed.

"Spitelout, get defenses up! Arne, tell the A team to start searching for the gang and tell them it's a recon mission only! Gobber, you're with me. We need to move that Dragon's Treasure. If they get that then Berk will be at Loki's mercy." I shouted. The three of them followed my orders, Spitelout and Arne leaving for their jobs while Gobber continued to follow me.

I whispered to myself, "May the gods have mercy on us all."