7|

After the kiss, Ann couldn't think of anything else except Sergei, and the kiss. She remembered every little thing. His lips were so soft and smooth and rubbed gently over hers, with the pressure slowly, gradually increasing as his hands slid up from her hip to her ribcage, best moment of her life.
° ° °
Noon

Ann decided to go for a walk down her street to feel the wind on her skin again after a very exciting night. She couldn't believe that she'd ever be kissed by any boy. Sergei was something else for her, an Angel.

Soon, she got a call from Julie. Julie invited her to a party that was going to hold at Liam's house. Ann agreed and then went freshen up. She put up a black skin-tight dress, and silver heels. She put up her make-up and soon after, a dark SUV dropped by her house, she didn't expect it but the driver assured her that it was Julie who sent the car. She had to call, just to confirm.
°  °  °
Moments later, they arrived at Liam's and she wowed at the amazing view. She got in and Julie ran towards her and gave her a huge hug. They then went to the bar and talked about their new found loves. Julie went on  talking about how Liam was better than her ex and she wouldn't stop blabbing. Shortly, Liam and Sergei arrived and Ann's heart skipped a beat when she saw her Sergei. The men took their ladies, offered them drinks and a treat. They danced all night.
°  °  °

Sergei got a call about a very important meeting, and he had to go.

"I'm sorry my dear Ann, I have to go for a meeting, I'm sorry I have to leave you right now, I promise I'll be back soon, ok?"

"I understand." Ann said, somewhat disappointed.
It didn't feel right. Without Sergei, the rush of excitement and anticipation faded away, leaving everything flat and dull . She went upstairs, opened a window, letting the air blow over her face.

Ann went to the balcony to feel the evening's breeze. Without Sergei, everything was meaningless to her. She scrolled through her Instagram, she saw pictures of Julie and Liam and she wished Sergei could be there with her.

She went downstairs to find Julie and Liam making out on the couch. Ashamed of watching, she backed up quietly and used the door off the kitchen to access the terrace. She saw nothing wrong in it but she strongly wished they'd done that behind closed bedroom door. She dozed off, huddled in the chair in a dark corner of the terrace. She didn't know what woke her —voices, a clatter— but she came awake, stiff and chilled in the chair. She saw by her watch that she had only slept for fifteen minutes. She needed to go home. Cautious, she crept over to check whether Julie and Liam had finished.

She didn't see Julie at all, but Liam— wearing only black boxers— and two fully dressed men. Biting her lip, she crept a little closer. Maybe they'd come to tell Liam that Sergei had been delayed. She wished he'd come take her home.

She managed to see and eavesdrop on their conversation. Liam paused in the act of pouring white powder from a clear bag onto a small square mirror on the bar, then he picked up a thin metal tool and began to tap it against the powder.
      Cocaine! Ann realized. Oh, what had she done by coming here?

Their conversation went on and Liam looked scared. One of the men, Yegor, shoved Liam to the ground.
    "Don't please. We're blood. Give me a chance, have mercy!"

" This is your mercy" Ilya, one of the men, said then drew a gun from the small of his back, pressed the barrel to Liam's forehead and fired.

Ann's legs gave way. She fell to her knees, and her hand clamped over her mouth to trap the scream. Ilya spoke softly as he put the gun to Liam's temple, fired twice more.

" I don't feel good Liam. I need to lie down, or maybe we should— Who are you?" Julie said coming out from inside

    " What the...?" Ilya muttered and shot Julie twice where she stood.