CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

______

"Greetings, your majesty. Greetings to the prince and the future sun, his highness the crown prince."

"May time make haste to the Vermillion Empire."

"I greet her majesty, the Empress, and his highnesses, the prince and the crown prince."

A lot of nobles started to swarm around the area where the Empress is seated to watch the event. Klydeur and I are seated on each side, with the Empress between us, as we looked down on the field near the forest where some participants are already preparing.

Only a few nobles were able to get up to our spot and greet us with either sincerity or fake smiles. "It has been a while, Viscount Fregossa." Aureus, the Empress, replied nonchalantly with her eyes narrowed at the nobleman bowing before us.

"Indeed, your majesty. And as you may know, my sons have arrived to participate in this event. If possible, I would like them to be introduced to the princes and be friends." The viscount joyfully announced, beaming an innocent smile.

The Viscount doesn't look like a fake noble, if anything, he seems kind and joyful. And in case you're all wondering, days had passed so fast that it was already the day of the hunting event.

Klydeur was so excited earlier and even up until now, his smile never faded in his face, making me amused. Is his jaw doing good? I can't even last that long beaming a smile.

Besides, it's not like I have any reason to be excited either. With all the problems I'm facing left and right, I can only feel nervous. Eldest reassured me that she'd take care of the false rumors that is now silenty circling around the nobles, but I still can't help but get nervous.

My reputation is at stake here. If this drags on even longer, it might even reach the Empress' ears. I just do hope she won't get swayed by the rumors.

"Prince Klydeur, apologies for my tardiness."

"It's a shame I've arrived later than I'm supposed to, crown prince."

Klydeur and I whirled our heads towards the door, there entering Eldest and Ashley at the same time. Even their greetings were on time with each others, making them silently glare at each others. The Viscount smiled awkwardly on the side.

The Empress cleared her throat, making them bow to her quickly. "Greetings to her majesty, the Empress, the moon of the Empire. May time make haste to the Vermillion Empire." Both curtsied and greeted in unison.

"Ashy!" Klydeur broke the tension between the two girls as Ashley herself walked in first to stand beside him with a smile. "It's okay. What matters is you arrived safely."

I squinted my eyes at them. They seem closer than what I anticipated. Eldest then sulked her way to stand beside me, making me glance up to her with curiousity. "What's with the face?"

"That trash ruined my entrance." She complained, a grimace curved in her lips and brows furrowed in annoyance. "And I don't see any reason why I should be present here either. I'm halfway done handling the rumors, but I guess the Empress can solve it."

I looked beside me where the Empress is seated, and she have her eyes narrowed and focused on the field, even tho we were quite noisy. If anything, she can hear everything that either Eldest of Ashley is saying, making it a bit awkward in the area we are in. Even the Viscount can't get the proper timing to leave.

Ashley glanced towards us with an annoying smile. "Ah, right. I almost forgot. Greetings to you, your highness."

Not bothering to get annoyed since I don't want my day ruined, I smiled at her. "Greetings to you too. It seems like you just got out of the library to arrive this late."