Sides and Chakras

Chakras are known as the energy centers of the body. There are varying beliefs of the number of these Chakras, from 7, to 12, to 33. For the sake of this theory, we will be focusing on the 7 main energy Chakras, Muladhara Chakra (Root), Swadhishthana Chakra (Sacral), Manipura Chakra (Solar Plexus), Anahata Chakra (Heart), Vishuddha Chakra (Throat), Ajha Chakra (Third Eye) and Sahastara Chakra (crown).

To establish what a Chakra is in a digestible way; A Chakra is a location in the body along the line of the spine through which life energy, known as qi or prana, travels. Each Chakra has an associated color. Each Chakra also has physical, physiological, emotional, and spiritual aspects in which it controls. Chakras must remain balanced to work properly and healthily. An overworked or blocked Chakra may cause spiritual, emotional and physical issues.

Today we will be comparing the Sanders Sides to the Chakras. For the sake of this chapter, I will only focus on the emotional and mental comparisons, and not so much the physical ramifications.

You will recall me mentioning there are 7 Chakras, each with a different color. These colors are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Inigo, and Violet. This is comparable to Roman, the theorized "orange side", Janus, Remus, Patton, Logan, and Virgil.

—//—

First off, we have the Root Chakra, represented by the color red. As it sounds, the Root chakra is the foundation, a sense of oneself.

"It is characterized by the emotions of survival, stability, ambition and self sufficiency. When this chakra is out of balance, a person might feel unstable, ungrounded, lack of ambition, lack of purpose, fearful, insecure and frustrated. However when Muladhara Chakra is balanced a person might feel stable, confident, balanced, energetic, independent and strong."

Stability, ambition, self sufficiency, stable, confident, energetic, strong. Theres are all things Thomas, as well as the other sides expect of him, even things he expects of himself, and the way he was introduced at the beginning of the series.

A blocked Root Chakra will lead an individual to feel ungrounded, lack of ambition, lack or purpose, insecure and frustrated, all things we have seen in Roman, particularly in the last few videos.

Conclusion; Roman represents a Root Chakra that was balanced, but now has become blocked.

—//—

Second, we have the Sacral Chakra, represented by the color orange. The Sacral Chakra represents sensuality and pleasure. We do not currently have a side based off of this color, but I will still share the information on the Sacral Chakra.

"The attributes of Sacral Chakra are the basic needs for sexuality, desires, creativity and self-worth. When imbalanced, a person might feel emotionally explosive and irritable, lacking of energy and creativity, manipulative or obsessed with sexual thoughts. When Svadhishthana Chakra is balanced, a person might feel positive, vital, satisfied, compassionate, and intuitive."

Here we see the traits of a balanced Sacral Chakra being satisfied, compassionate and intuitive. Although, assuming the "Orange side" is dysfunctional, lets look at the symptoms of an overactive Sacral Chakra. Emotionally explosive, irritable, manipulative, and obsessive. Personally, this description leads me to agree with the idea of the "Orange side" representing Anger or Wrath.

—//—

Third, the Solar Plexus Chakra, represented by the color yellow. The Solar Plexus Chakra represents ego and energy.

"An imbalance of Manipura Chakra can manifest itself physically by digestive problems, liver problems or diabetes. On an emotional level one might struggle with depression, lack of self-esteem, anger and perfectionism. By bringing the chakra into balance one might feel energetic, confident, productive and focussed."