King and Duke

Note; this one is a bit far out there, but it is fun to think about, in my opinion!

This theory piggyback's off the idea in my 'Duke and Prince' theory, but, it is slightly different.

In Duke and Prince, I explain how Remus has already been "crowned" in a sense- given a title as Duke, and Roman being titled Prince, implies he is younger or less powerful or at least not "crowned".

Well, how would they become "crowned" anyways. If they are the same age, or even close in age, Remus would not be older- not that much anyhow. Then how is it he is crowned and Roman is not?

Perhaps, to be "crowned" has nothing to do with age, but rather, the role they play in Thomas's life and the level to which they achieve their goals.

Remus is intrusive thoughts. We can presume there was a time when he had a very significant impact on Thomas, proving his worthiness of his aspect, and giving him the title Duke. For Remus it was easy. Be selfish. Do what you want when you want. Don't care about the opinions of others. All of these seem to come instinctively for Remus.

For Roman, the battle of worthiness is much harder. He has to fight to help Thomas achieve his hopes and dreams. This may be his reason for existence, but he has to face the normal external obstacles that life would put in Thomas' way. Additionally, Roman also has internal conflicts, consisting of Patton, Virgil, Logan- recently Remus and Janus too- as well as his own issues such as his insecurities.

If Roman is looking for an opportunity to be crowned, this is why being Thomas' hero means so much to him. It is not simply validation to feed his ego, it is his only goal- the one advancement he can strive for. And if he know that Remus has already reached this point of being "crowned", then Roman will only be further motivated to reach a point of equal ground with his twin.

(This could also explain why Remus is so powerful over Roman- he is simply more powerful)

Well, what if Roman is crowned. What then? Would he also become Duke, like his brother?

This is a safe assumption, but this also implies that neither brother can be King. If they are two halves, it makes sense neither of them can physically become a whole.

But what if Roman could?

Remus is Duke, not King. Lets presume this change is permanent. Perhaps Thomas simply will not allow Remus to be King, even if Remus wanted. But what if Roman is crowned and Thomas does allow him to become King? He wouldn't be able to rule with half the original power. He would have to gain power- by stealing Remus'.

In doing this, Roman would make Remus more or less unnecessary, maybe even kill him.
(Lets choose not to discuss how this would create opportunity for another split)

Remus may be crazed and represent intrusive thoughts, but even he would be scared of erasure or death. So it would be his personal goal to counteract Roman in any way.

And if we wanted to create a conspiracy, maybe Remus even convinced a certain snake-like-side to help him fight Roman and keep his power, and maybe his life- explaining some of Janus' involvement in certain matters, though most of it can be linked to his trait if deceitfulness.

—//—

So, what do you guys think? Have I officially gone crazy? Probably! Anyways, let me know what you think in the comments. Agree, disagree, anything to add? Vote and share! Have a good day/night!