that night

TW TW TW TW TW TW TW // rape

My parents Monica and Jason have been happily married for twenty years, and they still love each other as much as they did on their wedding day. I have a little sister Kaylee, she's  two years younger than me and we surprisingly get along very well. I had an older brother Luke, I loved him very much but he killed himself when I was in eighth grade, he was a sophomore in high school, like I am now. I miss him. We didn't talk much but sometimes I think that maybe he and I were a lot alike.

My moms a therapist, she tells me not to think like that. I try not to. "It's not a healthy mindset" she tells me. Saying you and a guy that killed himself have a lot in common isn't really a green flag that your kid is all you know mentally stable.

I'm kind of popular, but more like everyone knows of me and I know of them but I'm not really friends with that many people.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this. Maybe I'm trying to convince myself that my life is good. It is, it's perfect.

Currently I am leaving my sixth period and heading towards the school parking lot. "Dallas!" I look up at the calling of my name. I see my boyfriend Jake just a few cars over standing with a bunch of other guys in Letterman jackets. I walk over to him.

He pulls me into a side hug "hi baby" he greets  and kisses my temple. "Hi" I say softly. I've never been the biggest fan of public affection, but it's okay.

Jake is the quarterback, I am on the cheer team. Could we be anymore cliche. At school we are known as the "it" couple. We're perfect together.

The roar of a motorcycle sucks me out of my thoughts, I look up to see Logan Campbell pulling out of a parking spot. He is known as Maxwell Highs bad boy. The title doesn't make a lot of sense to me though. I've known Logan forever. Our dads are really good friends. And his dad is this big shot lawyer and from what I've heard he's really good at his job, he works all these pro bono cases, and gives a lot of money to different charities. So I guess in my head I don't understand how this great dude could create a supposedly shitty guy.

In all fairness Logan does have that dark and mysterious thing going for him. But rumor has it he's a womanizer and a douchebag. So the odds aren't really in his favor.

He and I haven't had many conversations. Which is kind of strange considering he and Luke were best friends before he passed, and our fathers grew up together so his dad is always over.

Suddenly I remember that my parents are throwing a party tonight for charity or something.
"Jake are you coming to my parents party tonight?" I ask looking up at him.
"Fuck, I promised the guys that we could hang tonight, is that okay?"
"Oh yeah of course" I give him a small smile.
"Alright" he starts, "thanks babe you're the best." He kisses my cheek and runs off after the guys who were clearly bored of the conversation and I am left standing alone.

I get home and walk through my front door. "Mom?" I question. "Hi honey" she almost shouts from the kitchen "how was school?" she continues. I hang my coat on the hooks by the door and walk into the kitchen.

"It was good" I say as I sit at the island watching her toss a salad. "Um who's coming to this anyways?" I ask.

"Oh the Dawson's, Smiths, the James, some others that I'm drawing a blank on, and Martins going to be here soon" she tells me. Martin is one of my dads good friends he is like an uncle to me. "You should probably go ahead and start getting ready they should be here in an hour or so" she tells me. I get off of my stool and go upstairs into my room.

Shutting the door behind me I drop my book bag next to my bed and flop right down on it. I didn't realize how tired I was. I sit up propping myself on my elbows and look at the dress hanging on my closet door. My mother must of chose it for me. It's white, with spaghetti straps, with small frills at the bottom and a slit.
It's pretty and the white will look good with my tan.