ch 3

I wake up to an empty bed, and an empty room. I get up and open the door slightly hearing voices down stairs. I quietly walk down the hall and peek my head over to see Logan standing in the kitchen flipping pancakes and his dad sitting at the island watching.

"Could you hand me a plate" Logan asks his dad. He takes the plate and piles it with pancakes and bacon and eggs. Damn this boy can eat. Suddenly he turns around and I dart back into the bedroom.

A few minutes later the door creaks open revealing a shirtless Logan wearing only blue plaid pajama pants, he was carrying a bed tray with the plate of food I just watched him prepare, except now there was a glass of orange juice and a mug of coffee.

"Aw man you're already awake" he suddenly looks flustered. He rubs the back of his neck and continues "I was gonna like surprise you"
I've never seen him look so nervous.

"Here" he hands me the tray. The food looked and smelt so good and it caused my mouth to start watering.

"I didn't know if you liked coffee, but my dad told me to bring it anyways." I grab it and even though it was hot I took a sip.

"So I'm gonna assume you drink it" he smiles.

"Yeah, I can't get through the day without it. Thank you" I reply, "do you drink it?"

"Oh yeah, only when I need to though and only black." Of course the brooding bad boy only drinks it black, very on brand for him.

"That's so gross" I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Anyways go ahead and eat, and we can watch tv if you want."

I take him up on that offer and he convinces me to start watching Criminal Minds. It's good so far we're on episode five when my phone starts to ring.

The flashing screen read "JAKE" I know it sounds bad but I really don't want to talk to him right now. I don't even know what I'm gonna tell him. I feel bad even thinking that. He's my boyfriend he should be in the loop.
He must hate me, I've been ignoring all his texts. I click answer and put the phone to my ear.

"Dallas" his voice sounds tired like he just woke up. "Hey" I say softly.
"Would you be able to come pick me up? I'm at Ryan's." Are you serious? Logan stares at me with raised eyebrows. "Um yeah, I'll be there in twenty." He thanks me and hangs up.

"I gotta go" I tell Logan. "Oh alright, I'll take you to your house" he replies.

"Wait actually would you want to come with me?" I know it seems weird to go pick up my boyfriend with the guy I just spent the night with but I feel this strange attachment to him. Like I just need him there. 

"Um yeah sure if you want me to."

I probably look so gross right now "I'm gonna use the bathroom first" I say abruptly. He nods.

Once in the bathroom I see that I don't actually look that gross. I put my hair into a messy bun and check out my fit in the mirror. The oversized sweatpants were quite the fashion statement. I roll up the waistband so I can actually see my feet and I walk out.

Logan looks up at me as if he's trying to hold in a laugh. "What's so funny?" I raise my eyebrows at him. He clears his throat "oh nothing. You just um, you look better in those than I do" he gestures to the pants. "Ha Ha" I say sarcastically.

He changes into a black Nike hoodie and shorts. He grabs my car keys and we walk to the front door, running into his dad on the couch. This must look a little strange.

His dad Paul eyes me in surprise "well hey there Dallas. Long time no see" he smiles. Dallas rolls his eyes. "I'm just joking I know I saw you last night" he laughs. "Always a pleasure to see you darling, where you guys going?" He has a little southern drawl just like my dad knowing they grew up in Texas together.