Ch 6

Dallas POV

I don't quite know why it is that I just asked to go, but I do know I want to be with him right now. So that is why I am now in the passenger seat of my car, while he drives. Due to me not really knowing the occasion I just changed into a white crop top, shorts, and converse. He is still in his black Nike hoodie and shorts from this morning. God, it's been a long day. I check the time it reads '1126' what could we be doing this late?

We pull into the yard of a large, light blue house in the middle of a gated neighborhood. Logan takes the key out of the ignition and says "okay, my friends are total idiots, so if someone pisses you off, just let me know."

We get to the front door and he just lets himself in. No one is in inside. I follow behind him as he makes his way through the house walking towards what I assume is the backyard. Once he opens the sliding glass door that leads outside everyone starts yelling.

"Logan about fucking time," "Where you been?" It reeks of weed, and smells like booze. He continues to walk forward not replying to any of the questions. Now I am in view to the party goers. Some people are in the large pool, a few are shot gunning beers a few feet away, a couple guys are grilling, then there's a smaller group of people sitting in lawn chairs around a bonfire. Which is where we are headed. When we get to them they all either sport a happily drunk look, or are squinting at him with red eyes.

The guy from the phone stands up, Logan's height makes him look like an elf. "Hi Marco" Logan says unenthusiastically.

"Hi, Marco? That's all you have to say to me?" Marco stands with both hands on his hips, his head tilted up towards Logan, trying to give what I think is an angry face? Then Marco smiles, like really smiles, "Oh who am I kidding? I cant be mad at my lolo bear." He then wraps his arms around Logan, who does not look like he is enjoying the physical touch.

"Let go." Marco abides then turns to me. "How rude of me to not greet my new guest." he suddenly raises one eyebrow. "What is a fine woman like you doing with an ogre like this guy?" He not so slyly points towards Logan. I go to reply but I am interrupted by a squealing girl running towards me screaming "Dallas!!," "Omggggg Dallas" I squint to see who it could be and it is no other than Lexi, a freshman on my cheer team.

She wraps me in a hug, still a little sensitive with touch I try to politely shake her off. She lets go and continues to squeal, "what are you doing here girly?"
"Oh I came with Logan." Her eyes shoot to him. "Oh girl" she moves to whisper in my ear, "he's so hot, he never brings girls to these things."

Huh, I knew I shouldn't of invited myself, especially if he never usually brings anyone. I look over at Logan and Marco talking and I hear Marco say "That's the Dallas?"
I wonder what that's about.
I realize Lexi is still talking. "What happened to Jake? Wait did you guys break up?" I turn my head to hers, "What?" I ask. "Did you and Jake break up?" She repeats.

"No, nothing like that. Logan's a family friend so he invited me."

I don't dislike Lexi. She's a sweet girl, it's just every time she and I talk she only wants to talk about drama. For instance, our last conversation she found out Jake and I haven't had sex yet. Which I had told her in confidence, then the next day the entire cheer team knew. So yeah, I definitely don't love her.

Lexi goes on and on for a solid five more minutes about boys and drama, until Marco waves me over and saves me from this dreadful conversation.

I walk to him and ask "Where's Logan?" Marco points with his chin signaling me to look at the guys shotgunning. They all clink their cans and Logan chugs his in not even five seconds. Jesus.