ch 2

This probably is a sight to see, a girl that looks like she just got hit by a truck, and a guy in a suit that somehow still looks perfect besides his bandaged fists.

He and I are sitting side to side and have been waiting for twenty minutes for them to get a room ready for me. Usually a medical professional has to do these tests, so I told the officer that we could go to the hospital across town. But they told me to just sit tight and they could get a doctor here as soon as possible so we don't have to drive anymore, especially this late. I look at the clock and it reads 1:03 am God it's been a long night.

The doctor arrives and tells me her name is Doctor Davis, but to call her Mary. She's sweet, and gorgeous with chocolate colored skin, dark brown eyes, a low bun, and a perfect smile with the whitest teeth I've ever seen.

"Sugar you can come on in here, he can come to if that would make you more comfortable" she says. He looks down at me and I shake my head yes. For some reason I don't want to do any of this alone, but not with anyone other than him. I know I could call Jake but what if he thinks of me differently. Like I'm a slut or something? I don't even know how I'm going to tell him. And besides Logan has just been so nice and comforting through this whole process.

Mary makes him sit at a seat by my head so he can't see anything under the gown. I go into the adjoined bathroom and change into a blue gown wearing nothing underneath.

Logan helps me get situated on the table while Mary starts fiddling with the many instruments on the silver tray beside her. "This may be a little uncomfortable" she warns. She runs a longer Qtip across the inside of my legs. I flinch remembering who was last in that spot.

Noticing my discomfort Logan grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers, rubbing his thumb back and forth.

"Dallas?" I mumble.

"Hm?" he hums in reply.

"Could you distract me" my voice cracks "please" I beg. "okay."

"D" he starts, "we have known eachother since we were five years old and I don't think we've ever had a conversation that has lasted more than five minutes." He grins, I suppose that's funny to him. "And yet, here we are."

I'm not sure what to reply so we sit in silence for a minute or two. "You know, I've always wanted to talk to you" I state. He peels his eyes from the wall and stares at me with a slight look of confusion after hearing my confession.

He doesn't give much of response but instead he just asks me what my favorite movie is.

"Divergent, or The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, or the Twilight saga, or Love Rosie, or Dirty Dancing or.."

He cuts me off by saying "Tell me about Divergent, I've never watched it." I grin. I could talk about the movies and the books all day.

I talk and talk all about how Four And Tris are the ultimate couple goals, how the first movie is the only good one. And how the book from Four's perspective should have been made a movie that way we could of had more Theo James content.

"Done" Mary says surprising me. I must have been talking about Divergent for a good half hour, and Everett just sat and listened. I look at all the bags full of Qtips on the counter, evidence. This all begins to feel too real. My lips start to tremble and Logan squeezes my hand.

I change quickly just wanting to get out of this stupid building. I thank Mary as I head for the door and she tells me she will be in contact with my parents.

Once in the car a surge of anger overwhelms me and I just want to hit something.

"Are you okay?" Logan asks.
"I need to break something."