Chapter 1: The Memory

Jeremy Fitzgerald slowly walked down the hall, staring down at his rather large tennis shoes.
He could feel all of the student's eyes turning towards him.
He could feel all the eyes giving him miserly looks.
He just continued to walk, but this time speeding up a bit.
He approached the janitor's closet and looked around.
Not a soul in sight.
He pushed his long bangs out of his face and grabbed the handle of the door.
When he opened the door, the smell of crisp lemon and the repellent smell of dirty mops that have cleaned way too much puke flowed out to him.
Jeremy sighed and blew his bangs out of his face once more.
He entered the closet and closed the door, making the room go dark.
Suddenly, the light flickered on, and there sat Jeremy's best friend, Fritz Smith.
Jeremy smiled and sat down on the stack of toilet paper rolls, messing with his hair.
"Hi..." Fritz piped up. Jeremy quickly turned his attention to Fritz.
"H-Hey..."
Fritz just stared at Jeremy, a worried expression on his face.
"Are you... okay?" Fritz asked.
Jeremy hesitated for a moment.
"Y-Yes, I'm f-fine... anyways, w-why did y-you tell m-me to meet y-you h-here?" he replied. Fritz looked down at his shoes and let out a long sigh.
Then, he stood up and smirked, looking down at Jeremy, who was rather short for his age.
"Jeremy... will you do the honors of being my boyfriend?" Fritz asked, a look of hope on his face.
Jeremy's eyes widened. He was completely shocked that the boy he had a crush on-who is also his best friend-would ever actually like a runt like Jeremy.
"Y...Yes..." Jeremy said, a soft smile spreading across his face.
Fritz held his hand out to Jeremy.
Jeremy grabbed his hand, their fingers intertwining.
Finally, Jeremy's dream came true.
And always after that, Fritz would stick up for Jeremy. He was always nice to him, and helped him when he was in need of it.
But all that changed after one stupid action.