deja vu (1)

based on "deja vu" by Olivia Rodrigo

Do you get deja vu when she's with you?

ʚĭɞ ʚĭɞ ʚĭɞ

Running is something you've always enjoyed. It's relaxing, good for your health and helps you clear your mind. Even as a kid, you were always seen running around and giggling. It made you happy.

You're currently out on a late evening run along the river. This particular area is your favorite place to go to, whether it's for a run, out for a walk or even on the way to work. You like to come here when you need a break from something. The river, the ambience; it made you calm. It's a special place and means a lot to you. There's even a cute small store a few minutes away that you discovered when you started coming to this area more often. It's like a secret place, not a lot of people seem to know about it. Owned by a local lady, she's so lovely and kind. Her face always lights up whenever you stop by. There's a lot of memories around here.

It was a really nice day today; clear skies with a few clouds. The sun is starting to set, changing the colors of the sky and clouds with hints of pinks and blues. It kinda reminds you of cotton candy ice cream.

Hmm, you kinda want ice cream now.

You've been running for a while now so you decided to jog to the local convenience store and get some ice cream.

As you're approaching the store, you immediately slow down before stopping completely. You spot someone coming out of the store.

It's Jaehyun.

His arms around another girl.

You and Jaehyun make brief eye contact with each other. You realise that they're now walking towards your direction. Snapping out of your thoughts, you lower your head a bit and start walking towards the store trying to avoid having any sort of contact with them. Luckily, you and Jaehyun just walked past each other without acknowledging each other.

But as they were walking towards your direction and walking past, you hear his girlfriend ask him

"Jae, that store is so cute! How did you find it?"

"Oh I was just in this area one day and stumbled upon it. Came here a lot ever since then"

"Well this will definitely be our place from now on, we should come here more often"

That was our place

I found it first

You think to yourself

Stopping again, you turn your head around and spot them smiling and laughing before walking in the store and greeted by the lovely lady there who gave you a huge smile and wave; also waving back at her.

As you're looking around the store, you think back to the time when you first brought Jaehyun to this area...

♡♡♡

-flashback-

"how am i just finding out about this place??" Jaehyun says as you both are currently walking hand in hand along the river

"well now you know" you chuckle

You tell Jaehyun about how you discovered this area as well as the store up ahead when you took a detour on your way back home from class. One of your classes got cancelled which meant you were finished for the day, much earlier than usual. You didn't have anything planned for the rest of the day so you decided to take a different route back to your house.