Episode 2: The Red Devil or Real Friendship Starts with a Kidnapping

***

A/N: Thanks -av427 for doing the transcript for the episode!

***

(Kunugigaoka School of Magic,) Nagisa narrated, (where students come from all over the world to forge themselves into heroes. We're E Class - outsiders, underdogs - and we share a secret no one else in the school knows. This year, our teacher just so happens to be the Demon King.)

"So, how much of this do you think follows the original timeline?" Kayano questioned.

"Well, the main mission is there," Nagisa replied.

Okuda frowned. "I'm hoping for a happier ending though..."

A number of the students grew uneasy when they remembered.

"Yeah, hysterically sobbing wasn't exactly fun the first time around," Rio said, sighing.

"I'm sure it won't be like that!" Koro-sensei replied quickly, patting her head. "This is a fun experience, children."

Koro-sensei stood behind the podium at the front of the classroom. "Alrighty." Green stripes appeared on his face and he gave them a smug smirk. "Take your best shot."

The class rushed at him with their weapons and shouted in determination.

(Another day with the one and only Koro-sensei. Here goes nothing!)

The opening started to play.

"Can we just not!?" Araki complained, groaning.

"It's iconic!" Fuwa yelled.

"Meh, I preferred hearing Karma and the rest of the gang sing," Hara commented.

Hiroto's eyes sparkled. "Hey, maybe we could turn into a karaoke sing-along!?"

"Yes!" Ren's eyes dazzled. "You, Maehara, are a genius!"

Hiroto winked. "I try."

"Oh, God..." Okano sighed.

"No way! That's lame!" Terasaka complained.

"No, it's not!" Ren objected.

Asano rolled his eyes. "Yes, it is."

"How about we just skip it for now and then decide later if we want to do a karaoke sing-along instead?" Kataoka suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea," Toka replied.

"More like ear bleeding," Seo muttered. 

"The song goes so fast in places it'll be a miracle if you sing along to it," Isogai said.

Hiroto smirked. "Don't underestimate a pro!"

"I like Kataoka's idea!" Fuwa smirked. "Karaoke challenge is just the thing needed in a comedy!"

Yoshida looked confused when he saw her stare at the wall while she was talking. "Fuwa, stop staring at the wall, it's weird."

Uchida shrugged and skipped the opening.

The school bell rang at the start of the school day.

Koro-sensei stood at the front of the classroom, holding up a finger. The chalkboard behind him read hero. "Okay. My goal, boys and girls, is to train a war party capable of giving the Demon King a run for his money. To get started, we need some heroes. However, I'm sad to say there doesn't seem to be anyone here who meets that criteria."