Just A Normal Day.

So this whole story is a highskool au because I don't want to write a ship story about ten year olds lmao
Neil pov
I slipped my headphones in and started my walk to school, listening to Montero (gay mofo), having given up on taking the bus ever since Nurf decided bullying Max got boring and picked on the nerd, aka me.
I let out a sigh, not noticing the shorter caramel skinned boy walking next to me, smirking at me. I guess he could hear the music through my headphones or something, because he suddenly yanked a bud out of my ear.
"Damn Neil, didn't know you were that gay.~"
"AH!! When did you get there????"
"Oh, I've been here for a while."
He gave me another signature smirk as I fumbled with my phone, pausing my music. He finally turned his gaze back to the broken up sidewalk in front of him, shoving his hands in the pockets of his navy blue, worn sweatshirt.
I had on a yellow turtleneck sweater I still had from, like, 5 years ago. I didn't grow much throughout my years, only just grew a teensy bit taller.
Hell, even my shoes from camp still fit me!
Max pov
After I finished laughing at Neil's music taste, he hastily put his bud back in his ear but didn't play his music yet. The thing is, the pair of headphones I gave to him, AKA the ones he's wearing now, were originally mine, and I broke them, so anyone within a close distance can hear whatever the other persons listening to. I've just told Neil we can't, and he's believed me ever since.
It's kind of hilarious how gullible he can be sometimes.
In a way, adorable..
Wait, what?
Time skip brought to you by Harrison and Nerris' epic magic
Neil pov
After I made it to school, I stopped my music again, shoving my phone along with my headphones into my sweatpants pocket.
It was a fairly chilly August day, and this sweater did JACK. SHIT.
It may look all comfy and cozy from the outside, but it's hella thin. Like, you-can- fucking-see-my-nipples thin.
It's extremely embarrassing to wear, yet it's one of the only outfits that actually looks good on me and isn't my dads.
God, his suits still smell like old cologne..
Anyways, right before I manage to enter in the right combination for my locker, I feel a familiar shove on the back of my head, causing me to ram my head into the locker.
Max pov
I walk in a fair distance behind Neil since he has such LONG ASS LEGS and he walks like he's late to a job interview 24/7.
Of course, the first thing I see is Nurf sneaking up behind an oblivious Neil.
I go to yell for him to watch out, but it's too late, as I hear an audibly painful smack into the locker, followed by giggles and laughter.
I groan long and loud, trudging over to Neil, taking a look at his forlorn expression.
I sigh and turn to face the dickwad who did this, the one and only, Nurf.
I shove him in the back with all my might, not doing much, and give him a look that could certainly kill.
"Hey, watch it man!!"
"Oh, is little MaxiePooh standing up for his booooyfrieeeend?~"
"Ew, no!!"
I hear Neil wince, yet I figure it's just from his nose/face being injured.
He immediately picked up the pace with opening his locker and grabbing his things, then slamming it shut and power walking to his next class, clearly not wanting to be stopped along the way.
"Listen, just leave Neil alone man! He may be a dumbass nerd, but he didn't do anything to you! Got it, fatass??"
"Fine, whatever. Go to class, retard."
I fight off the urge to start a news worthy fist fight right there right then, just aggressively shuffling to my next class, already wanting to go home.
672 words
Ay it's ya boy uh author here uhm yeah haha I don't know what to say wth