Why Do I Feel This?

Neil POV
I sighed and picked up my books.
Class has just ended, and I took in none of it for most likely the first time in my life.
I'm still hurt from what Max said earlier.
I didn't know he thought I was "ew".
Whatever, I just tried to brush it off and head to class, but the two words "ew" and "no" kept replaying in my mind. I'm not sure what I was feeling about it, but it felt like a mixture of sadness and hurt. I don't know why, it's not like I want to be his boyfriend or anything.
I think..
Max POV
I'm not sure why my first reaction to Nurf calling Neil my boyfriend was "ew", but I'm not exactly proud of my shitty mouth saying it.
In class I paid less attention than usual, not writing any notes whatsoever and just staring out the window, only so much as grunting and picking up my pencil when I was called out on it.
After class I hastily picked up my empty paper, books, and other shit, and started to head toward Neil's locker.
He always stops there in between classes since his forgetful ass never grabs everything at once. As expected, after a minute or so of waiting, he started to power walk towards his locker, tunnel vision focusing on getting there.
Once he saw me he turned a bit red, lowered his head and began dragging his feet, making a squeaking noise with his shoes every time he took a step.
I wave to him and he slightly waved back.
He isn't usually like this, I think to myself. I don't know what the hells up with him, but lately he's been acting all skittish and nervous around me, and he's been trying not to get me to come over to his house.
I finally snap about it and grab the collar of his sweater and pin him against the locker, making bold eye contact with him.
"Okay, what the fucks been going on with you lately??"
At this point, the complete opposite reaction was gained from him.
He turned as red as a chili pepper and started to breathe heavy, his eyes wider than a deer in headlights', his hands clutching his books like his life depended on it.
"Neil? Neil Nye, is Neil Nye home??"
"My name I-isn't Neil N-N-Nye!!"
He finally snapped out of his trance, but was stuttering quite a bit and still pretty red in the face.
"Bro, are you like, on some shit?"
He got all defensive, starting to go on a rant about how drugs are bad and yadda yadda yadda, I just started walking away and I don't even think he noticed since he had continued ranting to his locker as he opened it.
Next class was boring, so was the next, and the next.
The strange thing is, last hour, which is the only hour I have in Neil, he wasn't in class. He wasn't there for the whole hour, which isn't like him whatsoever. He normally is there and paying full attention to the teacher, while I daydream about all the things I want to do with that idiot.
Yeah, normal bro activity.
Anyways, when class was over, I practically jumped out of my seat and ran out of the class. I immediately headed out the doors, figuring Neil had already left. I wasn't sure though, so I decided to wait outside the school and call him.
It rang for a little while, but when he did pick up, he sounded just fine.
"Helloooooooo..? Who is this?"
"Neil? You fucking idiot, what the hell are you doing? Where are you??"
"Oh, at school."
"You weren't in last hour at all!! Why the fuck not??"
The call ended then.
I let out a loud growl of frustration before getting a text from Neil, telling me to meet him in the bathroom since his phone was almost dead.
I stomped all through the halls and into the bathroom, not giving a damn if anyone else was in there and yelling Neil's name, by thankfully the one who I called was the only one to speak.
"What Max??"
"What the fuck are you doing dude??"
"Uh.. using the bathroom, duh."
"For an hour? Yeah, okay. Why does it smell like watermelon dude?? What the fuck are you doing??"
"Nothing!! Just, cover your nose or something!!"
Max did and covered his nose, despising watermelon in general.
Neil walked out looking oddly calm, "dusting" off his shirt like he needed to look presentable to someone.
"Why the hell does it smell like watermelon?? Will you answer my question Neil??"
"I don't know!! You must be high!!"
"Are you lying to me, dick-cheese??"
"..no!!"
Neil started to get a little pissed, yet I had no idea why. I was simply just asking him what he was doing since he looked hella sus.
Just then, Neil decided to bounce, started to power walk out of the bathroom, something sticking out of his butt pocket.
It looked like a USB charger, but I'm just playing with you, I know a vape when I see one.
I was gonna grab it, but I decided against it, since touching his ass pocket would be kinda gay.
I just let him shuffle out of the bathroom as I eventually made my way out as well and sauntered home, pretty satisfied with myself to finally figure out what the fuck was Neil's problem.
A/n
922 words biiiiiiiiiiish
Yeah I honestly don't know where I'm gonna take this story-
Ig I'll just figure it out as I go