Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!

Chapter 24

“Sorry what?” Axel raised a brow.

“An adventure!” you cheered over ecstatic that you didn’t have to attend the hell hole that is ‘Healing arts’.

“An adventure?” Gray pressed. You rolled your eyes at their thick headedness.

“A quest,” you began to explain. “Well it’s my quest and I’m letting you three tag along. You should feel privileged.”

“I don’t know this sounds fishy,” Zack rubbed his chin.

“Whatever, we’ve got to go to the mission office for details so, you guys can either point me in the right direction or I can suss it out myself but one way or another I’m getting there.” You told them putting a little sternness in your voice.

“Yes ma’am,” Axel mocked saluted walking toward the nearest staircase, “right this way.”

The four of you had been walking for a while and you were starting to get super annoyed. Extraordinarily super annoyed.

“Maybe she hit her head again?” Zack proposed.

“Hmm I don’t see any bumps,” Axel squinted closely at you.

“Quit it,” you whacked him, “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Then why do you think you have a mission?” Zack probed.

“Yeah the teachers organise the missions and they definitely don’t organize them in the middle of a school week.” Axel began explaining.

“I picked the wrong people, picked the wrong people, picked the wrong people,” you regretfully and quietly chanted to yourself as Axel and Zack continued to hypothesise what could have caused you to hallucinate whatever had told you, you could go on a mission.

“We’re here,” Gray’s voice cut through the chatter.

“Where, the psych’s office?” Axel asked. You shot him a glare.

“No,” Gray glared too, “Missions office.”

“Thank god,” you let out a sigh of relief pushing past your ‘teammates’ to get into the room. You were a little surprised at how the missions office really looked like an average, everyday office. You were sort of expecting something a little burlier. Even the mission pin up boards were all set up very neatly. Not a page out of place.

“How can I help you?” a voice asked from behind a grand looking desk.

“Hi I’m ------, Makarov told me you’d have an ‘S’ class quest waiting for me,” you explained to the man sitting behind the desk. He was a very proper looking young man with neat black hair and glasses.