Promise

There under the bright moon, sat two curses. The male laying on the grass using his arms as a pillow, while the female sat up hugging her knees as she watched the stars. The two have been wondering together, taking over villages and even making a game out of how many kills they get.

"Y'know, I've been wondering for a while now." Sukuna broke the silence, "how come you don't sleep? Like ever, you're part human right, shouldn't you need it?"

Without looking at her friend, Y/N replies, "it's been a while since I've last fallen asleep really, it's kinda hard for me to."

Sukuna sits up and side glances the girl. "And why are you barefoot? I remember the first time I met you you had nothing then either..."

"That's because I've lost my shoes and haven't bothered replacing them. Not that I mind, I guess I'm used not having any over the years." She replies. And before the man could ask the next question she continued, "my hair is stained this color due to the amount of blood that has socked into it, so no matter how many times I wash it, it says dyed as such."

"How?!" The king blinks in astonishment.

"It becomes easy to read others when you watch over them for years as you wonder alone, surprised even the great king can't read my mind!~" Y/N smirks, finally facing him for the first time in hours.

Sukuna scoffs as he pulls the girl's head down onto his lap. "Get some sleep stupid."

The half-human opens her mouth to say something, but is interrupted by his voice, "don't worry, I won't leave you." He smiles down at her,

As she drifts off to sleep, she hears him say one last thing, "you're not alone anymore..."

. . .

'Wake up' a strange echo voices, and again a second time.

Y/N's eyes open, to see pink hair above her.

"About damn time you woke up, I thought you were dead or something!" He said, "you've been out for four days, so welcome back to the world of the living." He flicks her forehead. "Rise and shine, fight or die." After that he left the girl to start fighting the many sorcerers who had finally spotted them.

".....FOUR?!" Y/N jumps up and out of the way of an attack shouting to her friend in which he laughs at her realization.

The two curses fight for half an hour or so, making jokes and dissing each other the whole time. As the last sorcerer fell to their knees they spoke of something, something the two friends didn't want to think about....

"Sooner or later, this war will end..." they cough up blood, "you curses can't win....you will both die...." falling to the ground he mumbles something else that only Y/N understood.

Choosing not to tell her friend, she took Sukuna away from where the battle took place.

. . .

Few days later, the two sat in a cave away from any villages. It was oddly quiet before Sukuna decided to speak up about something he's been wondering about.

"Y/N, after that fight, you dragged me away, what'd that guy say? You've been acting stressed since!" She kept quiet, only looking in the opposite direction as a reply.

"Dumbass, we're friends aren't we?!" She flinched at his words. Slowly Y/N turned to him, a sad smile evident on her face, "we can't win this fight, not how things are going now, you're going to die!"

She shifts to her side, so that she's fully facing Sukuna, "we've been inseparable for two years now...I don't like thinking about losing the only thing in life I care about, and that's you Suk-Ryomen Sukuna." She caresses his face with one of her hands, "if we can't win the battle, then at least let me cheat the system of life."

Sukuna leans into her touch, taking her other hand in his, "you know for a human, you're quite stupid" he chuckled, "but even I agree, I see you just as irreplaceable, you mean the world to me." He then let's go and removes her hand from his face, "tell me what you're planning.

Y/N thinks for a moment, "my cursed ability is different than most, it's basically a curse of its own....anyway, I have the ability to tamper the outcome of this war Sukuna. I..." she looks into his eyes, "I can use a time configuration on you, you'll still end up dying, but only physically. Once your body falls, the war is over. If you die with my cursed seal, then one day you'll be able to live again, and not as a reincarnation."

After a moment of talking back in forth and lots of silence, the two came to an agreement. Y/N used her cured ability on Sukuna, binding his soul into a lapse of time. After that she soon fell unconscious after their last words of hope, together they chanted, "one day, we'll meet again!"

Sukuna closed off the dark cave after laying the girl's unconscious body to rest within the said cave. "It's a promise, I'll see you again, I'm sure of it."

. . .

After Sukuna left, the last battle of the bloody war finally came to an end. The king of curses, Ryomen Sukuna, has fallen. His accomplice and/or friend was labeled missing and soon to be dead as the years went by.

With the half-human curse's ability, Sukuna's will and soul remained within his fingers that scattered throughout the land.

With the promise of meeting again, his soul and power seek to be free, so that one day he'll meet his special close friend again, no matter how much time passes.

. . .