Found and Forgotten

It's has now been about four hundred years since Y/N had awoken. She spent the many years in hiding while protecting and saving as many lives as she wondered around the country. She trained to become stronger and risked her life as days went by.

Right now the girl roamed a forest during a massive thunderstorm. She was just minding her business when she heard a child's cry not too far from her, so she picked up her pace to investigate the situation.

Down the way, trapped in mud, she found a young boy with pink hair silently crying to himself about being lost and worrying his 'gramps'. Y/N decided to approach the boy. She chose to hide her real self with her cursed ability, changing her outer look to seem to be a small child as well, something she learned to do over the many years.

Approaching the boy, she spoke calmly, hoping to not scare him further. "There's no need to cry now..." she pats him gently on the back, gaining his attention. "You're not alone anymore"

"B-but gramps will worry I'm gone!" He whimpered, tears staining his cheeks. You give him a smile, "then I'll help you get back to him!" You give him a gesture to take your hand which he took before nodding.

The small girl led the grateful boy through the forest, avoiding any problems with the storm, and out the clearing to the start of the town. "Now that the hard part is over, do you know which way to go?" She asks looking at the boy. Which he points in a direction.

. . .

They arrived at a house with its lights on, a voice shouting inside seemingly panicking. Y/N knocks on the door and within a minute the door is swung open with an old man huffing. As soon as his eyes laid upon the boy he jumps out of the doorframe squeezing the life out of the poor boy.

The girl chuckle as she had to left go of his hand, watching him struggle to get free. After awhile the two part and the gramps is introduced as such to the girl. They offer her inside to dry off and wait for the storm to dry off.

Y/N accepts to not be rude, and slowly follows the boy, she knows as 'Idiot' so the old man called him more than once now, inside. She's shown to a bedroom where the boy hands her a change of clothes. He soon leaves the room with his own change of clothes to allow her to change.

. . .

After changing, she makes her way back down the stairs and into the living room where the newly changed boy and his grandfather were. They, well more the old man, asked about what happened and how the two of them meet. After explaining everything, food was set on the table and the three began to eat.

Later Yuiji, the boy she now knows the name of, invited her to sleep over since it was still raining. The two sat in his room on his bed as they talked, Y/N had introduced herself and even healed the boy's injuries, without the old man knowing or seeing. She also told Yuiji the truth because for some reason she just felt like she could.

The next day the storm stopped and she was asked to be dropped off to her house, she of course stated she had no home nor family that would worry about her. Though she didn't mean to actually mention that.

She was dragged into an office and now she somehow lives with the two and is actually having to go to school with Yuiji, starting next week. Not that it bothered her though, she was kind of looking forward to settling down after being on the run, maybe she could finally live a life without fear.

. . .

Yet another two years of peace. Yuiji and Y/N were inseparable, they never let the other out of their sight, they were like siblings that refused to leave the other.

But just like everything good in life, there will always be something wrong that unfolds.

Y/N and Yuiji were in their shared room. The girl was packing what little things she had, while Yuiji sat on his bed watching her. "I still don't get why you're wanting to leave Y/N..." he whined.

"I told you I wasn't all that human and people have been looking for me." She replied without looking at him.

"But you told me you could hide your presence?" He questions, trying to find a way to stop her from leaving.

"Yes, but they found me, meaning you could be in trouble, and you know I don't want that...." Y/N had finally finished and was now looking at him.

"Yea but I don't....I don't want you to leave..."
Tears trickled in his eyes. She wipes them away and smiled, "I know you don't, and neither do I."

"Then why?!" He whisper shouts.

"Don't worry dummy, I'm sure we'll meet again, here." She fuses some of her cursed energy into him. "A small gift, I won't physically know where you are at all times, but I will know when you're nearby. It'll also protect you from death at least once."

"Like a free life in a video game?!" He asks all happy, like he forgot she was leaving.

"Mhm! Promise me you'll live you're life the way you want to while I'm gone alright?" She asks receiving a slight nod in return.

"Oh wait!!!" Yuiji speaks up as she opened the window to jump out. She turned to look at him in question.

Yuiji takes off the bracelet he wore and handed it to her. "A gift!" He grins up slightly at her, "don't forget about me, and when we meet again, you have to give it back! That way I know we'll meet again." Y/N gives the boy a sad smile and gives one last hug before running out the window and disappearing.

. . .

The next morning, Yuiji makes his way downstairs in his uniform for school, greeting his gramps as he sits down. The old man looks at the boy in question before speaking, "where's your friend?! She's usually the first one down?"

Yuiji blinks in confusion at the old man who asks again, "Y/N, the girl you shared a room with for two years now?"

"...who?"

. . .