A New Beginning, Perhaps

If Derek hadn't come back like he has now, I don't know who'd be by my side. I usually had to help myself, through thick and thin. Mom was always busy, and I don't blame her. And Kyle, he's a troublemaker, but I just never really went to him for help.

But when Derek was still here, I always went in his treehouse secretly, and cried myself away. Then when he'd come home from a practice, he'd find out I was here. He told me whenever I needed help, I could come to him and I never expected him to actually help because the treehouse was already comforting and nobody saw me there. Peacefully and quietly, the way it was always like.

*End of flashback*

We walk to the entrance of the park, and I unhook my bike from the bike rack. Derek takes it from me and jumps on it, riding it to his car, making me chase after him laughing. I got to the car, and I already see that he put my bike into the trunk, and the right hand door opened. I got inside and closed the door. He turned the radio off and plugged his phone into the car. Suddenly, I here a song that I'm pretty sure I've heard before. I was so suprised he was playing my favorite song back then. Then we jammed out in the car, and drove home.

Derek parked the car, and we both got out. I decided to get my bike and head on in from the garage way so the others wouldn't suspect us..
And Derek agreed to come in 10 minutes after I go.

"Hey mom! I'm home!!" I gasped, hoping mom had cooked up some of my favorite meals. "It smells amazing!! Oh my gosh, I've been so hungry since this morning!" I exclaimed. "Wow really honey? I'm glad, because I've made plenty for seconds! But, you should probably go wash up a bit, Kyle went to go pick up Ms.Anderson from the hotel they're staying at."
------------------------------------------
{Messaging // Kylie to Derek}

Kylie - It's been more than 10 minutes, I think it's fine to come in now.

Derek - Okay, thanks ;)
-------------------------------------------
The doorbell rings right as I was about to go shower. "I GOT IT MOM!!", I yelled as I run downstairs to open the door. I thought it was going to be Derek, but instead, it was Kyle and Ms.Anderson. "Oh! Hello Ms.Anderson!", with a great big smile on my face which turned into a confused one in a matter of seconds. Honestly I didn't know they were going to come that quick.

I ran to the dining table, grabed my phone and ran upstairs to my room.

{Messaging}

Kylie - What happened?? I thought you were coming in? Well, did you see them? Where are you in fact?
...•...•...•
Derek - I saw a car come, so I quickly drove my car onto the side of the house 😅 oops! I hope your mom doesn't mind.

Kylie - Well atleast you didn't get caught. Come in soon okay?

I ran and got some clothes. I went tp the bathroom and took a quick 2 minute shower. Yea I'm going to have to clean myself up a little cleaner after they leave. I put on a random shirt, but at least it was presentable. Then a pair of leggings. I go blow dried my hair, put on some makeup to cover up my face since it was so puffy and ran downstairs right in time to get the door. And this time, Derek was here!! I smiled and he seemed to be a bit suprised as to how I got washed up in such a short amount of time. 😂

Everyone in the kitchen wondered who it could've be since it was going to be just us. "Hey everyone, Derek decided to come today! Is that fine?"

They all welcomed each other and we finally gather and sit down at the table. Mom's cooking was marvelous and I was ready to dig in. But before that, we said our prayers and then our meal was served.

Wow, this dinner was probably one of the best dinners that I've had in months. I've been coming home so late lately, due to my sidejob after school ends. I'd come home around 8 and everyone's probably doing their own thing. And I usually just go to the food cabinet, and cook myself a little meal. Mom prepared most of my favorite foods today, and I'm so glad. My stomach feels full after eating seconds, but it was worth it!

We start to clean up and put everything away. Then we all gather in the family room and each have a cup of tea.

"So how long will you guys be staying this time?", mom asks Ms.Anderson.

"Derek and I have decided to come back and stay here. We haven't bought a house yet or found a neighborhood we want to stay in yet either. Do you guys know of a place?", Ms.Anderson asks.

"Oh what luck you have. Luckily nobody has even came near to your old house, and it looks the same as ever. Maybe we can all come this Saturday and help out clean the place up if you choose to stay there for now or even forever!", mom suggests.

"Oh how great! That'll be great and after that we can move the old furniture out and buy newer ones to replace them.", she proclaims.

"So Derek, how have you been doing. Your mom says your going to be going to the same school as Kylie and Kyle from now on, is that right?", she asks.

"Ah yes! I am going to be attending their high school and I hope my 12th grade year goes smoothly.", he replies.

I'm so excited that he's actually going to be in my school for the first
time. Even when he was here, he attended a private school for elementary and even some of middle school, but of course stopped due to his parents divorce and he had to move. But now, maybe he can walk home with Kyle and I, just as we did when we were young. It brought back great memories and maybe this school wouldn't be a boring one after all. I can see Derek everyday? Maybe my life won't be as boring anymore. Thinking of all these things made
me feel as if I was making a new turning point in my life. Akldjslsksjk
I think I can go very crazy sometimes. 😂 Well? This may aswell just be a new start for me to start all over again. Change and learn from my mistakes. I promise Kylie, you'll become an amazing person!

Okay, sorry for such a boring chapter but I wanted to get over this weird beginning, so hopefully the next chapter will be better. Fingers crossed, hopefully it'll get maybe somewhat more interesting! So for now, have a nice day! 💖