Chapter 2.

I wake up to my mom telling me to get up. She makes sure all the boxes are packed. "Here is two more boxes, put all you’re bedding in one and everything that is on your table in this small one. Have everything packed by tonight." She told me. "Why? You told me that we are leaving in one month." I asked. "Change of plans, we are leaving tonight. We have a house, this one is sold, and everything is ready." She explained. I was still a little confused, but who wouldn’t be? Then I pack up my bedding and pillows. I walk out into the TV area and everything is gone. I carry out the boxes one by one and each time they disappear, I guess it was the movers.

            After all of my boxes were out of my room I got a screwdriver because I had to take apart my bed. I move my mattress to the empty TV room and then I slowly take apart my bed, take off the head and footboards and carry out the boards. Then I take the medal spring bottom out to the room also. I go back to my room and grab my table and mirror, then take then out to the van. I am going to miss this house. Yes, it is very small for four people, but I grew up in it, I was also born in it. Therefore, I kind of like it.

            My mom told me to get in the car, and what she means by that is the Jeep that Walter got me as a late 16th birthday present. My mom told me to follow her so I will not get lost, so I do.  We start driving and it is only 12 in the afternoon. We drive for over 10 hours till we stop at a hotel to sleep, then we wake up at 7 in the morning to keep driving for another 10 hours, but we stop two hours early at a place in Phoenix. We stop at a pet store, which is weird because we do not have any pets. My mom gets out and then walks over. "Get out," my mom told me. I was confused, but I got out. I ask my mom a simple question, "What are we doing here?"

            "Come in with me."

"Okay."

             We go inside a pet store and it is the day that they have pet adoptions. My mom tells me I can pick out one pet, so I look at the dogs and cats. Finally I found the pet I want. I get a female German Shepard mix, named Jessie. She is so sweet and she is actually somewhat small for her breed. She went through a training course that taught her how to act around people, how to walk on a leash, and house manners.

            The last two hours the climate got hotter, and the landscape got dry and covered in saguaros. I keep driving and I turn onto a dirt road, still following my mom and Walter. Finally, we get to the new house and it is a large two-story Terracotta Adobe Spanish house, up on a hill, with a pool out back, far out of town. I am so impressed; I did not know we could own a house like that. There are two other houses. The houses are old, but look like new houses were supposed to be built.

            I look all throughout the house and it has seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms total. It has a very large open kitchen. Air conditioning for the whole house; an incredible view of the mountains out back, beautiful heated pool, Jacuzzi, and rock waterfall. There are also two, two car garages with a work shop for Walter.

After I look all around the house I ask where is my room is and Walter said any room I like, except the master bedroom with a large Jack and Jill bathroom, so that means 6 rooms to pick from. I pick the one that has the walk in closet, a small Jack and Jill bathroom, white walls, tan carpet, and the balcony that overlooks a very large old creepy house. I actually kind of like it.

            I get to go shopping for brand new furniture because my room is bigger now, so I can get bigger furniture. I trash all my furniture, just to get new stuff. I get a blue chair with a black frame, black futon a white frame, blue silk pillows, a white top bunk that goes above the futon, a black coffee table, a black and white tall lamp, and black shelves for my pictures, books, and clock. I also get a blue sequined bowl, a laptop, a 30-inch flat screen TV, and a black make-up desk and a blue jewelry holder. Along with everything for my Bathroom. I almost forget to get a comforter. I end up getting a blue, black, white, and red comforter, with black sheets, and black pillowcases. When I put it all in my room, it looks amazing. I also set in Jessie's food and water dish in it, she sleeps on the couch.

            The first day is over and has been very busy. I cannot believe how much my life has been changing. I do not even want to think about Sean right now, I am happy as can be right now.