Chapter 3.

I get up and do the same old thing I normally do every morning, jog, only with Jessie. It is way too hot to do my normal three miles, so I just jog around the block. I get home take a shower and get dressed in my white shorts, my black halter, straighten my hair, the do my makeup, put on my 6 rubber bracelets, and put on my white beanie. Then I go down stairs to fix me some toast with strawberry jelly. Finally, food.

            I am home schooled and my mom makes all of us go over to the neighbors to meet them. I go next door to finally meet the neighbors. My neighbors are the Kenta's. They have four kids. The youngest is Jamie she is four, and the cutest little girl I have ever seen, with her brown hair and blue eyes. Then there are the twins Ciara and Tara they are 13, they are fraternal twins, so they don't look alike so much, but they both are skinny, have brown hair and brown eyes, and wear almost the same thing, except Ciara wears mostly blue and Tara wears mostly red. Then there is the eldest Matt he is 17, and really hot. He is tall, skinny, but has muscle. He has brown skater boy hair, brown eyes, and can ride a skateboard and play guitar. They are so nice, and Matt is shy, it makes him that much hotter.

            Then, I go to the old house across the street by myself to see if anyone lives there. I like the house because the fence is rusted and covered in died vines, there are no more trees and flowers, and then the house has some cracked windows and the yellowish paint is chipping. On the second floor, it looks like there was a fire, but it is hard to tell. I go to knock on the door and I felt a cold chill running down my back. I knock on the door and the chill is stronger and I hear a soft voice whisper, "Who is there?" It does not freak me out, for a while.

            I go home and get on the computer, next thing I know it is three in the morning, and I believe it is time for bed. I do my nightly routine; I wash my face, I shut my curtains and close my closet. I turn off my light, turn on my music, and I lie down on my bed and I soon look out through my sheer curtains.  I see a tree that looks like a hand coming for me then I go and look on my balcony; the closes tree is underneath me and then I take a deep breath lie down again and go to sleep. Then I dream that there is a ghost coming for me and kills me. I wake up screaming and parents run in asking if I am ok and I tell them it was just a bad dream. Then I lye back down and I soon hear the soft voice again "Did I scare you?" It whispers. I stay up all night.

It is the next day and I go out for my little jog. On my way, back around I see Matt outside on his skateboard. "Hey Lux."

            "Oh, hey. Umm, Matt right?"

"Yha. You know you are the first girl around my age to live near me."

            "Really?

"Yha..."

            "Matt, what is up with the house across the street? It's- Never mind."

"Weird? Yha I looked up about it. You should too. Look up The Dellbrock Manor."

            "Okay. Thanks!"

"Welcome! Umm... Lux?"

            "Yes?"

"Can I have your number?"

            "Umm... Sure."

I give him my number and he gives me his. Then I finish running and go home up to my room.