Chapter 6.

I wake up at aproximently 6:30 in the morning. No one is up yet in my house. I have two hours to get ready. I take a very fast shower. I blow dry my hair then straighten it flat. Then, I get dressed. Black shorts, gray V-neck, my rubber bracelets, and black beanie. I am so happy I can wear my hat to school. I do my make-up, and it takes forever. I have 30 minutes until I have to leave now. I pack my big black leather messenger bag. I put in make-up, lotion, brush, a book, pens and pencils, and gum. I grab my paper work for school and I go out to wait at the bus stop when Matt comes out on his motorcycle. "What a ride to school?" He asks with such kindness. "Sure. I mean it is my first day and I would love to have a friend." I tell him. I get on the motorcycle and head off to school.

            When I get to school, I am so afraid. I mean, I have to start a quarter into the school year. I go to my locker and grab my stuff for my first class of the day, Geoscience. I love science, but I have always taught myself. I sit down in one of the only open desks. "You are in my seat." I hear someone say, it sounds like Matt. I look up and it is indeed Matt. "Matt, just let me sit here." I ask nicely. "How do you know my name? I don't even know you?" He looks confused. "I live next door to you." I explain. "Oh, whatever. Now get up." He says it very strict and sharp. Under my breath, I say "Fine." I look around, "If this is your seat were is you name tag, tough boy?" I ask in a mocking tone, and Matt looks shocked, like no one has even spoken in this tone to him. His fists crossed over his chest, "Fine." He did not sound amused. I feel something touching my legs and back, it was Matt. He had picked me up out of the desk. He carried me over to the other empty desk, put me in it, then went back and sat in his seat.

            After school Matt comes up to me, "Hey Lux, need a ride home?" He asked sweetly.

            "Do I know you?" I snap back.

"Lux, I'm sorry for that. I have an image that I need to keep." He explains.

          "Never seemed so important before, like at home." I sass

"That’s because my friends aren’t around."

            "Well, then I guess they don't like you for who you are."

"Lux, I am a mixture of both, who I am at home and at school. I am outgoing, I like to skateboard, play football, Hollywood Undead, D.R.U.G.S., Areopostale, parties, but most importantly, you.

             "What?"

"Lux, I love you."

            "Matt, I love you too, but-"

"No, buts. Come with me." I hop on his motorcycle and we ride home. When we get home, he shows me the haunted houses backyard. It is the prettiest thing I have seen around the area. We walk over to the bench and we sit there. "Lux, I love you, and I have since the day I met you." He says it in the nicest tone. He leans in, so do I. I feel our lips meet, at first it was gentle, like he was afraid to hurt me, I began kissing him back and we embraced each other’s love for one another. He grabbed me and held me tight, as if he was never letting go.  We stop, we blush. I cannot believe that just happened.

            "I thought you liked popular girls?" I teased.

"They are blond hair hot. You are black hair hot, which is-" I run out of there before he could finish. I run home, and go to my room. I just sit there; I cannot believe he just said that. I get a text from Matt saying that he was sorry and did not mean it like that. Well, that is bullshit. I throw my phone, not realizing I threw it off my balcony. "Ow!" I hear a person shout. I run over to the balcony and look down. It was Matt. "What are you doing here?" I say with anger."I am so sorry." He confessed.

"That is such bullshi-" I could not finish my sentence.

            "Lux. Can I please just come up there?" He asks.

"Fine, do whatever you want Mr. Popular." I sass. He climbs up much faster and quieter then Sean ever did.

"You never let me finish my sentence.” Matt sounded loving and showed his cocky smile.

             "I don't think it wanted to hear the rest." I sound strong, but on the inside, I feel like crying.

            "Yes you did. I was going to say Black hair is very hot and turns me on," he says seductively. He then starts to kiss me, we fall back onto the pulled out futon that I had not yet put away. I am lying there on my back, still kissing Matt. He stops.

            "I just can't. I have tried secret relationships, and they don't work."

"Well then let’s not keep it a secret."

            "I have to. I don't want to, but I have to." He gets up and climbs off the balcony.