-

"Why do you always wear them shirts?" She points to the flannel I am wearing.

What do I say?...
Do I tell her that he would wear them all the time but leave them at my place 'accidentally' because he knew how much I loved wearing them?
Do I tell her that I now wear every single shirt he left behind when he left me, just because they still smell like his cologne?

Of course I don't.
I tell her that my mom saw one in a store one day and bought me it because it reminded her of me. And ever since that day I've just bought more of them because they are comfortable and I like the way they look on me.

If I told her the truth they would realize that I'm not keeping it together. That I'm not 'fine' and that I've not gotten over the fact that he left me.

How am I supposed to tell people that I cry myself to sleep every night when he's out there smiling like nothing ever happened?

He got over me in the matter of a couple days...yet here I am 6 months later still wearing his flannels.

So I take the easy way out and tell her I got one as a gift and one day I saw another one I liked the look of in a store so I bought it ,and I just kept buying more.
Surely I'll look more 'normal' having an addiction to flannels than having an addiction to a teenage boy. Right?