[Chapter six]

[Toby's pov]

Once I got home, I went straight to my room and took off my shoes. I flopped down onto my bed and stayed there for a few minutes before I decided to take a shower. When I got out I put on a sweater and jeans then put my shoes back on. I told my mom I was leaving and I started walking. I didn't have a destination but I just wanted to walk. I walked until it was dark outside, and found myself blocks away from my house. I didn't know my way back so I had no choice but to call my mom to come get me.

"C'mon pick up mom." I uttered to myself, hearing the phone ring several times. It went to voicemail. Shit. I groaned, swallowing back hard and dialed Tim's phone number. He's the only person id know who'd be up at this hour, hopefully he hadn't been drinking yet. Despite the things he said, I still love him. After about two rings, he picked up.

"Toby?" His voice sounded broken and stuffy like he was crying. "Oh- um- Tim I'm lost." I muttered, nervously. "What does it look like around you?" He asked, his voice a little panicked. "Trees and a road there's a crack in the sidewalk that's definitely noticable I don't remember how long I've been walking I just needed to think." I explained. "Okay I'll be there in a minute." He said. I heard him grab his keys and there was silence. "Toby?" He said again. "Yea?" I answered. "I love you." He mumbled, shame clear in his voice. He knew he did wrong saying all of that and I know he didn't mean it the way I thought he did. "I love you too." I said, smiling. After a few seconds I hung up and waited.

After a few minutes I saw headlights coming around the corner and saw Tim's big pickup truck. He pulled up right next to me and I walked around the truck and got in. We stayed silent for a few minutes then I turned to him and kissed him. "I-" he started, "It's okay. Don't say anything." I smiled. He sighed in relief and I held his hand the whole way back to my house. We talked the entire time until we pulled into my driveway and I kissed him goodbye.