Ignition

Gail put her key in the ignition, she didn't even bother to ask James if he had drove here before he climbed into the passenger seat.

"Nice car." James stated laying his hand on the dashboard. He had lost his shocked look and looked much more relaxed now. Gail nodded in response, pulling her streaky bling hair back with her hand. The car roared, jerking forward. James and Gail both had the same teeth gritting reaction.

"Sorry." Gail pressed her lips, her rings clicked on the leather steering wheel. The car started moving forward, so after the ruff start it was now smooth sailing.

"So. What have you been doing in the past three years?" Curiosity filled James' eyes as he asked the question. Gail looked over at him, her eyes shifting from him to the road.

"I opened my Publishing company" the blonde said taking a left turn. The wheels skidding along the road releasing a long groan. The rain poured, droplets of water landing on the windshield.

"Oh how's that been going?" James asked, leaning against the door; arm rested in the window slot. Gail switched on the wiper blades.

"Well good I suppose, Sun Dial Publishing. It hasn't got much business. We're a last resort for most people." Gail looked forward to hide her dismay. She was disappointed with the progress of her company, but Andrew, her agent, told her that was just how businesses worked. The car took another turn around a block, you could now see the amber trees near Gail's flat. London was so beautiful in the fall.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that." James said sympathetically, his eyes gleaming at her. His mind wondered, thinking about his past experiences with Gail. The last time they had seen each other was at the hospital. Luckily it wasn't for any injuries. Gail was doing research for a book she was editing, her friend Molly Hooper, had let her watch a autopsy of a murder victim. While Gail was there James dropped of lunch for Molly, whom he was dating at the time.