Mispoken Words

Gail's jaw dropped to the floor, the pain, oh the pain. She could feel the scorching hot liquid seeping into her skirt, touching her legs. To her it felt like she was taking a bath with satan himself. She quickly grabbed the cloth napkin that was in her lap and attempted to wipe some of the coffee on her chest with the dry corners of the cloth.

"I-I'm so sorry about that" a male voice said apologetically, handing her a wad of brown paper napkins.

"No no it's fine, I didn't like th-" Gail looked up to see the man, her voice trailed off after realizing who the coffee spiller was.

"J-James." Gail said somewhat short of breath from the pain the hot beverage was causing her. He was staring at her, why was he staring at her? The blonde continued to dab herself. James must have been just as in shock as Gail was because he was just standing there, staring all bug eyed. After moments of silence fell between them, some band must have snapped because he finally spoke up.

"God! Why does this always happen? I'm so sorry, let me repay you please. A new skirt. Something" James spoke quickly, like he was nervous. He had that 'sorry I just ran over your cat' look. And in Gail's opinion it looked good on him. Made him look more innocent then she knew him to be. Gail put her finger up in protest.

"How about we go to my flat and get me a change of clothes and then we can catch up" Gail suggested putting her hand down.