PART 2

The next morning

Charles slept the whole night on the couch. The alcohol really knocked him out.

Hank enters the study.

"Charles?" He says concerned.

Charles opens his eyes. The sun passing through the windows blinds him. "Uh?"

"Did you sleep in here?!"

"I... I guess." He responds as he gets up to sit on the couch.

He takes the glass that's been on the coffee table all night and finishes what's left inside of it. Hank is still standing in the doorway looking at Charles.

"Did you come in here for something, Hank?" Says Charles annoyed as he puts back the glass on the table.

"I was just looking for you since you weren't in your room. I wanted to tell you that we're short on the serum. I'll bring the dose as soon as I have one."

"Well, you found me." Charles gets up with difficulties from the couch. His back hurts from sleeping on it. "Now go on with your day, will you? I might get some more sleep."

He passes next to Hank and gives him a tap on the shoulder. "I might get some aspirins too." He says as he rubs his forehead.

Charles's really a mess right now. More than usual. Hank wonders what he's been doing last night to be hungover like that.

Charles goes upstairs to his bedroom. He lies down on his bed still wearing his clothes from yesterday.

Not that long after...

Hank knocks on Charles's door. No answer. He knocks another time more aggressively.

"Go away, Hank." Shouts Charles still laying in bed.

Hank ignores what he said and opens the door.

"If you do not have the serum, I don't wanna hear about it, Hank."

"Trust me. You want to hear this." Says Hank as he opens the radio on Charles's dresser.

Charles signs. He slowly sits on his bed and rubs his eyes.

The news anchors are talking about mutants yet again but this time they are talking about the school. Charles's school. They are telling every little detail that no one knows except for Hank and Charles.

This feels like a dream. No, a nightmare. Charles couldn't believe what he's hearing. It is all his fault and he knows it.

"How do they know so much about us?" Asks Hank almost like he's accusing Charles of something.

"Am I supposed to know?" Charles lies.

He rolls his eyes and lies down on his bed. "Now get out. I don't want to hear about it anymore."

Hank closes the radio. He's a bit worried, but won't insist. He doesn't want to irritate Charles more than he is. 

"And don't bother me instead you have the serum ready." Adds Charles before Hank leaves the bedroom.

I fucked up... Thinks Charles to himself as he closes his eyes.

Charles isn't able to sleep. He has too much on his mind.

He decides to get out of his bedroom and goes downstairs to get a drink. As he passes next to the entrance to go to his study, someone knocks on the door. He stops and stares at the door for a moment. He walks slowly towards it and opens it to see the young lady from last night.