Chapter 6: The Elevator

We were now back at the hotel and had just entered the elevator.

"That was so amazing! My first real demon job! That was so much fun, My Lord!" I could not stop talking about how exciting the whole ordeal with the principal had been. "Did I do a good job for my first time? Will we be doing more of this soon?"

Joshua suddenly extends his arms out and places his hands on the wall of the elevator, hovering over me. He lowers his face to mine and makes direct eye contact. "I thought you did an excellent job," he murmurs.

I blush at the proximity and his praising words. "Excellent," I repeat.

"Yes. I think you deserve a reward," he smirks.

"Reward," I repeat again, brain foggy.

"Well, what do you say," he asks.

The elevator dings for the sixth floor.

"Okay," I say as I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck.

I had clearly taken him by surprise. "H-here?"

I don't say anything. I only maintain eye contact and smirk.

A low growl leaves from deep within his throat and scars begin to emerge around his eyes. "You're going to make me destroy this elevator, demon."

I could just melt right then and there.

He cups my face in his hands and inches in closer, but just as he's about to kiss me he pulls away. "Just a second." He extends his index finger and presses the button that keeps the elevator doors closed. "Okay then," his lips curl into a smirk.

Then he turns back to me and begins to kiss me. His tongue flicks out and pushes its way into my mouth. It becomes harder to breathe and Joshua results to putting one of his hands on the elevator wall for support. He lifts me up and I wrap my arms and legs around him as we continue to kiss. The kissing becomes increasingly persistent and I hear as Joshua's nails tear into the metal of the walls.

Suddenly, he pulls back and roughly thrusts into me creating a loud thud to echo within the elevator. He lifts me up more and I grasp and pull at his hair.

"Turn," he says in a low and demanding tone.

Then, he presses me up against the wall and thrusts in more deeply than before. His movements are so fast and intense that it's getting difficult for me to hold my body up on its own without relying on the wall and Joshua for support. He keeps pushing into me, but then grabs the side of my head and turns me to face his way and he kisses me with tenacious passion. It feels like the most beautiful kiss we have ever shared and I could not get enough. When suddenly, a loud squeaking was heard from above and I pulled back from the kiss causing him to look at me curiously. The squeaking led to a snapping sound and that's when I realize that his movements correlate with the elevator itself. He was shaking the elevator and the extensive and prolonged pressure was too much for the metal cords above to handle.

"What? I told you I would destroy it," he smugly states.

My eyes widen and the final cord snaps sending the elevator down in a thundering fall similar to an earthquake. Joshua takes advantage of the amplified shaking and keeps thrusting into me with force. The elevator repeatedly dings as we fall each floor and ultimately crash down into the Lobby.

"Call 911!" I hear the man at the front desk frantically scream.

Inside the elevator, after somewhat making ourselves presentable, Joshua flicks his finger and a whirl of magic encircles my feet and lifts me up so that I can climb up onto the Lobby floor.

"Miss! Are you alright?" the man asks me with genuine concern.

Joshua suddenly appears next to me in his human form. He appears out of breath, disheveled, and glistening with sweat. I wonder if the man could tell we had sex.

But he's more concerned with the occurrence of the elevator to even consider it. "Miss! Sir! I am so sorry that this happened! Are you sure that you're alright? Please don't sue!"

"It's quite alright," Joshua says, "We're okay. Don't worry. And as for her," I turn to see him smirk, "She's just a bit dazed is all."

The poor man appears to be freaking out. Makes sense considering a mortal would have died in our position. "Please accept complimentary room service free of charge for the remainder of your stay! It's the least I can do."

"Sounds good! Doesn't it, Amanda?"

I blink. "Huh? Oh yeah. Sounds great," but it's not very convincing.

"Is she really going to be alright?" The man asks, worry etched on his face.

"Yes, she just needs rest," I see as he glances at the elevator, "Right. We'll have to take the stairs. Not a problem." He suddenly lifts me up in his arms and I would have reacted had I not been so tired. "Let's go then."

He makes his way to the stairs and the man at the front desk looks like he could pass out at any moment. I feel the same way and before I know it I begin to nod off. We reach the sixth floor and I distantly feel us lie down, but I ignore it and fall asleep.