Part - 5 : Sisterhood

The night felt long. Everyone had retired to their room but sleep was far away from the eyes of some members. Anirudh was roaming in the study thinking something was surely going on, that Bondita was hiding. He wanted to talk to her after dinner but she wasn't in her room nor in the kitchen and on roaming the entire house, he saw lights coming from kaka's room and some voices too that grew his suspicion.

But something too was going on the mind of Trilochan Kaka that made him to stay awake. After Bondita retired to her room he hesitantly stopped Binoy to have a conversation. He wanted to share that was going on in his mind since the evening.
"mujhe galat mat samjhna Binoy par kya karun?? humare bhi toh kuch armaan hai.. 29 saal ka hogaya hai Anirudh kya tumhe nehi lagta.." and he stopped in his tracks lost in thoughts when Binoy asked him,"aap kya keh rahe hain da?? Anirudh ke umar, apke armaan.. Sidhe sidhe batiye naa, ghuma kyu rahe hain yun baat ko??" and then he said, "kyu tumhe nehi lagta yeh Anirudh aur Bondita bahu ka sahi umar hai hume dada banane ka?? Is ghar ko baaris dene ka?? Are woh Chatterjee ki bahu bhi toh usiki umar ki hai.." and Binoy looked at him shocked with the confession but he continued, "arre itne saal se Anirudh ki baton ki wajah se chup the..lekin ab toh bahu badi hogayi naa toh ab ye dono shuru kar sakte hain naa apni paribarik jiban.." Binoy nodded his head in no disappointedly hearing his talks but then with little concern in his voice he stated," da apko yaad hai naa pichli baar ki saari galtiyaan.. phir ab kyun woh dohora rahe hain phir se..woh dono bache nehi rahe apne rishte khud sambhal sakte hai.. Hume unpe dawab nehi dalna chahiye da.. Aap jyada sochiye mat, sojaiye.. "
But it was in vain for Binoy to understand him because Trilochan Roy Choudhury jo than leta hai woh karke hi rehta hai.. And now sleep was far from his eyes thinking what to do to fulfil his wish.

Bondita was recalling Parineeta's words from the evening and simultaneously thinking what would be Som's reaction. With this she was tossing and turning in her bed when the sound of her door opening made her to shut her eyes. And then she realised it must be her patibabu as being all tensed she even forgot to wish him good night.

Anirudh entered the room only to find his Bondita sleeping peacefully, little did he knew, his girl was acting. Smiling he caressed her hair and wrapping the blanket over her, he left the room. And Bondita smiled at his care as she thought she need to sort this matter soon and share it with him.

But as the night stretched, Bondita got no sleep, so coming out of her bed she moved towards her study table and then opened the drawer bringing out her diary and started writing in it.

Dear Diary, 15th May 1928
Thanks for being my biggest companion and listening to me in these weary hours of night.
You know naa I have known other than you with whom I can share all that goes in my heart.

So you know what happened today?? I met a girl, who was unknown to me till this moment because now I want to say she is like my little sister. Yes I know you must be shocked knowing this, Bondita Roy Choudhury trusting a girl outside her family but I saw a glimpse of mine in her. You know I saw the passion for education in her eyes that used to be in mine. She too wants to bring change in the society like me. She is not like the other women of my life, who were selfish. She is innocent and I want to trust her, because I want to erase the emptiness of a sister in my life. I couldn't get a good didi, but I want to be one for her.

Now, I just hope Som dada agrees for this alliance, oh I forgot to tell you actually, the girl about whom I was talking, parineeta, sasurji and kaka saaurji want her to be the next Roy Choudhury bahu,my devrani. And this time I truely want a sister unlike Buri didi and Sampoorna didi.
Okk good night, I will tell you about it more tomorrow.
Yours loving,
Bondita

And with this she closed the diary as she recalled her and Parineeta's conversation in the study.

Showing her the house they moved towards study talking and then Parineeta said with hopeful eyes looking at Bondita,"pata hai didi mein padhai sirf isliye nehi kar rahi hun taki mujhe pasand hai par isliye bhi kyuki mujhe siksha ka mahatwa samaj ko sikhana hai.. mera toh sapna hai graduation k baad gaaon mein bachiyon ko padhaungi.. maine padha hai apke aur Anirudh dada k bare mein.. Aaj dada aur unke jaise logon k wajah se hi toh gaaon mein ladkiyon kliye bidyalaya khula hai par jin bache is adhikaar se banchit hai mein unhe bhi sikhya dena chahti hun.. jaisa aapka sapna hai naa Barrister banne ka wese hi mein ek Shikshika banna chati hun.." she poured her heart out, the thing she had never told anyone, told Bondita, her dream.

And smiling at her Bondita said," sahi kehete hain patibabu, ek ek karke agar sab awaj uthaenge naa tob badlega humara desh.." and holding Parineeta's hand she said, "hum jarur samjhaenge sikhsa ka mahatwa sabko.." and Parineeta too nodded her head.

Then Bondita made her sit and asked with little concern, "par tumne apne bare mein kuch nehi sochaa??" and then she said, "saare admi Anirudh dada jaise nehi hote hai naa didi, aap bhi janfi hain naa ye samaj.." And lowering her gaze she continued," bachpaan se ye sab batein sunti a rahi hun..aur ab bura bhi nehi lagta.. Shaadi toh nehi hogi ye janti hun mein par pure jibaan ese ghar mein toh nehi beth sakti naa baba, maa, dada, boudi sab... Isliye mein apne dam pe kuch karna chahti hun, akhir meri shiksya samaj k kaam aye isse badi baat kya ho sakti hai mere liye.." And looking up she said, "yehi socha hai maine apne liye.."

Then looking at Bondita, Parineeta said with a slight smile, "pata hai didi bahut maan tha apse milne kaa kyuki pata nehi kyu mere dil ko lagta tha agar koi naa samjhe toh shayed aap samjhenge mujhe.. Aap denge naa mera sath didi?? meri himmat banenge naa agar mein kamjoor pad jaun toh??" Bondita nodding her head hugged her.
And that's when this feeling washed her, as flashbacks of her hugs with Soudamini and Sampoorna filled her eyes, unknowingly she patted Parineeta's back wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes not wanting to recall the past. And she felt a belongingness for the girl, love for her as her little sister.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Bondita slept thinking to talk to Som. As again the depression hit her.

Completing the aarti, Bondita headed to the study with the coffee cup. Anirudh was happy to see her but he didn't missed to notice her lost face and understood, something was bothering her. His suspicion from yesterday was right there was something going on that he needs to find out.
But not wanting to disturb he gently took the coffee from her hand wishing her a good morning. And she smiled greeting him back but the smile didn't reach her eyes. And little worried he placed his palm on her cheek asking, "tum thik ho naa Bondita??" and she nodded her head saying, "mein thik hun patibabu" and Anirudh withdrew his hand nodding his head as he sipped his favourite drink, wondering what was she hiding.

Everyone had retired to their room after the breakfast for getting ready to go for work That's when Som heard a knock on his door and looking up he found his Boudi standing at the door and from her face he knew there was something serious she is going to talk to.

____________________________

Hii guys❤️.. Hope you enjoyed this part..

Please don't forget to vote and comment..❣️

And yes I want to tell you, A new os is on the way.. Will share soon on my collection.

Love,
Sana🌸