Part - 12 : A Step Closer??

The sun was in the middle sky already warming the entire earth with its crispy rays and wiping the beads of sweat forming on her forehead with the end of her saree Bondita stood under the tree occasionally glancing at the two figures and praying to her Dugga maa to make everything right. And unknown to her the reason, her heart was thudding in her ribcage with an unknown apprehension. There was some unknown wishes, seeing the two souls sitting and talking, an alien feeling was caging her thoughts and being tensed around she was unable to fathom those feelings.

And finally giving halt to all her anticipation, she saw her Som Dada approaching and a few distance behind him was Parineeta. As soon as Som reached to where Bondita was standing, he could see billions of questions in her eyes and in reply he just blinked his eyes and Bondita nodding her head moved towards Parineeta who came and suddenly hugged Bondita. She was so nervous that she failed to meet Bondita's eyes and so out of sudden hugged her to calm herself and from Bondita's shoulder, her eyes fell on him again whose eyes was fixed on her with a gentle smile flickering in his lips and Parineeta casted her eyes downwards and she could feel her cheeks burning and she wondered is this what called blush??
But breaking her thoughts Bondita asked her softly, "Parineeta tum thik ho??" and breaking the hug she nodded her head.
And pondering over for a few seconds Bondita finally asked her, "toh kya nirnaya liya tumne?? Taiyar ho is shaadi kliye ya wakt chahiye sochne ko?? Yaa phir tum... " and Bondita couldn't complete the last sentence scared, instead she looked at Parineeta questioningly.

She glanced at Bondita nervously, though she knew the answer but bringing to her mouth was difficult for her, she then averted her gaze to Som who too like Bondita was eagerly waiting for her answer and looking down she uttered almost inaudibly, "didi mein taiyar hun is rishte kliye.." and then she almost ran towards the road taking a deep breath.

And Bondita looked at Som happily who too was smiling wide, it was the silent all around that he was able to hear her whisper and chuckled seeing her nervousness as his eyes was still fixed on the road and then he heard his Boudi calling him. He turned and Bondita said softly, "badhai ho dada.." and Som smiled sheepishly at her as they both headed towards there car, their hearts beating with the new happiness.

It was mid-noon, all the members were taking there nap in respective rooms and completing her work in the kitchen, Bondita finally headed towards the hall, to the telephone and smiling wide dialed the number. Anirudh was sitting in his cabin exhausted after winning a tough case with the lunch box, untouched placed on his table when the telephone rang startling him and he picked up the call unwillingly and the cheerfull voice from the other side made his lips to curve, all the tensions slowly fading with just one word, "Patibabu.."
Bondita smiled as soon as the phone was received and excitedly she uttered Patibabu but before sharing the happy news with im she asked, "aap ka case case gayaa??" And she heard a tired voice from the other side, "achaa..mushkil thaa but truth wins..so" and Bondita smiled feeling proud of her husband and the second question she asked was, "aapne khana khaya??" Anirudh glanced at the copper stack on the table and asked smiling, "Bondita tumne maine khana khaya ya nehi ye puchne kliye toh telephone nehi kiya naa..batao kya hua aaj??" Bondita bit her tongue smiling to herself hearing his answer and replied cheerfully, "Parineeta ne haan kehe diya rishta kliye..Som dada ne mana liya usse"
Anirudh too got happy with the news and he felt proud of his young brother who has grown to a man, he has always thought him of.

As they both bid bye to each other one was happy sharing the news when the other was restless somewhat wanting the conversation to continue for long but keeping his thoughts aside he picked the container opening it and the aroma of the masala luchi and alur dom filled his nostril and he got busy in devouring the delicious dishes made by his beautiful wife.

The sun has set in the distant horizon painting the sky in hues of purple and blue and Bondita was sitting in her happy space, the swing in the terrace but this time she wasn't reading any book but writing her diary.

Dear Diary, 19th May 1928
Sorry for not writing in between but I just stressed and couldn't find words to convey you but I am relieved though a little bit.
Remember I told you about Parineeta?? The happiest thing is the marriage is fixed. And you know what Som dada agreed instantly and he himself talked to Parineeta making her to say yes. I am happy because I know Parineeta will bring so much happiness in our mansion.
But... You know what???
My own life has turned complicated.. Now completing my degree when I returned home, I had pictured a different world. But you know what, I had forgotten, I will not just be Barrister Babu Bondita but Bondita Roy Choudhury, badi bahu of this mansion. I it's not like I am not doing my duty but I had totally ignored the other responsibility, that I have as a woman. But that day listening to Kakasaaurji, I knew he isn't wrong at all. But what wrong is my weird feelings.
I think I am not making sense to you, saying you clearly it is, how can I love Patibabu?? How can I think him as a husband?? I know there is nothing wrong but I am helpless, I can't tame my feelings. He has seen me growing up, he was my mentor, my teacher, he is my everything but husband.. How can that be possible?? It is akward for me to think of it that way.
I am scared, I don't want to hide my feelings but opening it would hurt my family, my patibabu but I don't know too for how long I will be able to hide.
Just praying to my Dugga maa to give me strength.. Because right now, I don't what would be the conclusion of all this.
Thanks for listening to me.
Yours loving,
Bondita

And she closed her best friend, sinking in deep thoughts pressuring her little brain much into it. But out of all this what hurting her most was hiding things from her Patibabu but right now her mind was blocked from all reasonings and the aftermaths.

That evening Anirudh returned home and the first thing he did after freshening up was ran to his brother. He was happy that not only Som said yes for the marriage but also made Parineeta agree too. And as his big brother Anirudh wanted to congratulate him for the new beginning of his life.

Som was sitting with some papers in his hand but his mind was roaming somewhere else, it was still at the river bank stuck at the innocent face and he was startled coming out of his thoughts with a hand on his shoulder and looking to the side it was none other than his Dada. And surprised with his unexpected visit he asked, "Dada aap yahan..kuch zaruri kaam tha kya??"
Anirudh sat beside him taking the paper from his hands keeping it aside and asked, "kyu?? Agar kuch zaruri kaaam ayega tabhi mein tumse milne aunga.." and thinking he has offended his brother Som was about to say, "nehi dada ese baat.." when suddenly Anirudh hugged him and patting his back a little wished him, "congratulations Somnath..mein bahut khus hun tumhare liye.."
And Som's eyes glistened hearing his brother and breaking the hug he stated, "dada agar nehi hote toh ye sab mein nehi kar pata.. Aap hain mere himmat"
Anirudh smiled and was about to say something when a voice interpreted him, "aap dono mujhe bhul gaye aur akele akele baat kar rahe hain.."

Anirudh and Som both laughing at Batuk's words indicated him to come inside woh barged in and after days the the Roy Choudhury brothers finally shared some light hearted moments, hugging and laughing together.

The car halted in the outskirt of Tulsipur and Soudamini got down followed by Sampoorna and Mr, Bhowmik gestured towards a small building and said to his daughter, "abhi kliye tum yehi ruk jao..aage ka mein dekhunga..tumhare rehne ka sara intezaam kar liya hai maine.." and gesturing to Sampoorna said, "tum dono ko rehne mein koi taklif nehi hogi.."
And the ladies nodded their head and when his father was about to leave Soudamini whispered audibly, "baba paise??" patting his daughter's head he voiced, "andar hai almari mein.." and sat on his car, leaving the two ladies alone to continue their evil ploy who looked at each other smirking as they entered into the house.

________________________

Unedited.. I hope there isn't much error

Vote and Comment dearies....❤️

And share your thinking, what will happen next???

Love,
Sana🌸